A little music related fun

Woodwind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is Attilio Berni playing a sub-contra-bass saxophone. It is the largest of its kind in the world. Attilio loves saxophones so much his personal collection became the worlds largest saxophone museum in the world in Italy in 2019ish, just before Covid. He is insanely good on all saxophones and is insanely crazy about them. So if you significant other gives you grief about your collection, tell them you are pursuing a museum.

FYI - its hard to see Attilio behind the sax, ya, its that big.

9 Likes

And I thought hauling a cello to a gig was awkward. :flushed:

5 Likes

The subject came up in work of ‘songs that are covers but are better than the original artist’.
Lots of discussion. My own favourite is The Lemonheads cover of The Outdoor Type (fab song about lying to get the girl) originally done by an Aussie band called Smudge.
Then someone mentioned Mike Masse’s cover of Toto; that’s arguably better than Toto. Side note - Mike and the bassist are part time musicians who are full time lawyers.
Best pizza shop band ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrC7e3vSv8

2 Likes

This was a thread a few months ago too.
I can’t find it though, brain is mush.

1 Like

I think we did that in the share some good music thread. But yeah, I low-key collect covers that are better than the original :slight_smile:

It turns out, there’s lots.

edit: different thread, here we go

5 Likes

Audio Assault needs to work on their messaging.

Sorry dudes, that fell flat, and didn’t enthuse me to go blow $100 to get an otherwise normal sale price on your stuff.

(A good plugin sale is more like 75%-90% off.)

5 Likes

11 Likes

saw a pix of a sign on FB of a burger place offering “today’s special - buy first burger at twice the price and get the second one free”

9 Likes

It’s like the old “let’s race to the pub - first one there buys the drinks!” :wink:

7 Likes

11 Likes

Not bass , but it is music related, and it is fun; therefore music related fun.

This is my birthday song to my dear Sara. Last year I did it on the Ibanez fretless and the upright electric (Happy Birthday to my Sara)
This year, it’s on the keyboard.
It’s been 60 years since I played piano, and even then I was never very good. Take it for what it’s worth.
Enjoy it (or not).
Played on the M-Audio Oxygen49 MKV
LaBella flat wound strings
Sara's birthday 2021 - YouTube

Apologies for the poor audio. I used the audio from the camera, and should have cross recorded in Reaper. My bad…

10 Likes

I thought you did a great job, added your individual style to it Pam.
I could tell Sara was impressed as well,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Those La Bella flats even sound good on a MIDI !!!

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Great job and Happy Birthday to Sara!

3 Likes

15 Likes

You played it really well @PamPurrs
Happy birthday to Sara

5 Likes

a9d53a1f80383f85e3d24fcc8e3db61c

14 Likes

Played very nice. Good job, happy birthday to Sara. :birthday: