A little music related fun

My dad remarried 08.08.08 :slight_smile:

Which is incidentally also his birthday. Just in 1950.
So easy to remember. I secretely thank him for that.

2 Likes

I’m glad you mentioned that…

On 8.8.88, while living in Dallas, Texas, I had pre-purchased 88 tickets to a Texas Rangers game (Baseball team), and invited 88 friends and clients. In the 8th inning, we all stood up and cheered. It was on the news that night… on channel 8 of course.

5 Likes

Took me a moment

3 Likes

Oof, look at all the Bass Discrimination going on in that video “Staying Inside”, posted Apr 6 …
Vocals/Keyboard has two little windows, and the guitarist cloned himself, hogging two as well.
And the poor bassist? Not only does he have to share his thunder with the dog, but that canine is totally unimpressed with daddy’s epic skills and continues to worry his bone instead.
So sad.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Ahaha. So curious… I made a similar joke with my tool Fretful.io (fretboard visualizer) - Alpha release last night to my girlfriend as I’m developing a staff component to integrate with the tool

4 Likes

7 Likes

(Stolen from the TalkingBass Study Group on Facebook)

15 Likes

When he yells at the end you get an idea of how loud that actually was :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought I share this here because personally it made me laugh out loud. A dialogue between my girlfriend and me:

Me: “Oh, Charles Berthoud is engaged!”
She: “Okay. Congratulations…”
pause
She: “But to a real person, not to his bass, right?”

the funny part, to me, was that she was genuinely not sure.

9 Likes

Thats a lot of Puns, get it? Funs. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hello stranger @juli0r.
:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

20200917_232324

Had to fix it first!

10 Likes

Hahaha, classic. good thing I am not married anymore. Well, I don’t live with her anymore anyway.

9 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs, Neil Young has a story that his dad called to congratulate him when this song hit the airwaves. Neil said ‘Dad that’s not me!’ :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

15 Likes

ROFL @Lanny

6 Likes

AWESOME, Love it.

5 Likes

@Lanny That little video clip fits The Who to a tee. While Roger, Pete, and Keith were putting on their crazy antics on stage, John Entwistle just calmly stood by and did his job, playing superb bass lines. I swear sometimes his facial expressions looked like he was thinking, “what a bunch of a**holes”. :rofl:

6 Likes

the good old “work smarter, not harder” rule

7 Likes