A little music related fun

wow, limited to only 50? That may actually make it a decent investment, years down the road. I mean, hell, the Cliff Williams (AC-DC) one is $7000.

I see they added a Black wood grain one to the normal Joe Dart model. I wonder if they are making those in limited quantities?

There is something about the White Humbucker pick up that really draws me in. I just love the white ones.
I also love Black Hardware on the Stingray’s.
So any with white pick up and black hardware are super sexy IMO.

One day I will order a Herrick pick up ( www.herrickpickups.com) for one of my Stingray’s, and he will cast you the color of your choice.
Of course he has Orange, and of course, that will most likely be the color I pick, however, the white ones are awesome.

You can order white from certain companies, EMG, Delano, Seymour Duncan I know of, but they are like $30-$40 more then standard from what I have seen.
You can get a Herrick in many different styles, with the color of your choice starting at 90e for Neodymium and or a 1/3 Neo and 1/2 Alnico, then there is a whole range of coil configurations you can get into.

I entered in the Lobster Contest, and stated I wanted Herrick Pick Up in Yellow if I were to win, along with DarkGlass Tone Capsule.
That should make a sick, totally NON Stingray bass, but I fugured, I have Stingrays, and this one is a Classic Looking one with flat slab body, may as well make the classic looking one totally NOT classic sounding, just for shits and giggles.

3 Likes

Yes, perhaps… unless that was all a “ruse” and they start making more after all (“by popular demand”) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wasn’t there something about the very first pickups (in the P bass) having been white!?!? You know all that stuff, Toby!!

1 Like

I can see that being the case, almost assuredly.

I don’t know about the Fenders as much, but I can see them being white, but having yellowed over the years.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably me who couldn’t remember right… Philip Mann told a story once, but now I am no longer sure… maybe it was about the first DiMarzio pickups, some of the first replacement pickups out there…

OK, let’s get back on track here:

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. The piano player can do that with his left hand.

4 Likes

I always figured “Music Related Fun”, meant anything about music, and is fun to talk about. I guess it should be looked at as more of “Music Related Comedy”

6 Likes

185025327_1825061754311075_487739700285498610_n

13 Likes

Compressors explained…

Threshold: When your mom starts yelling at you to turn down the music.
Ratio: How much you turn down the music.
Attack: How fast you turn down the music.
Release: How long after she left you turn the music up again.

Taken from a comment on Spectre Sound Studios Tutorial on compressors

14 Likes

hah perfect

3 Likes

14 Likes

Reminded me of this.

4 Likes

There is. Guy in Melbourne who plays wearing the exact same outfit, he plays outside Spencer street station :+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

You still live with your MOM?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Seems I found a new profile pic :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just imagine Darth Vader, after another day of conquering the galaxy, angry in his private chambers on Josh and his Billie Jean skills.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Beautiful! Clearly staged, but beautiful nonetheless.

2 Likes

So, you thought basses are expensive?
Try flute!

6 Likes

Flutes and Violins top the charts of craziness for sure.
You can go $40K, $50K, $80K and even over $100K.
If a bass is $100K, it better come with Lee Sklar.

7 Likes