A perfect match for Aguilar TH500

Hi guys, please any advise is very welcome.
I am thinking of expanding my setup of amp+cabinet which is SL112 and aguilar Th500.
What type of box do you think would still give me a good fat clean sound ? Does it necessarily need to be another Aguilar cab? Would it go with MarkBass for instance?
I appreciate any experience please share

Thank you,

Alex :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@DaveT has Aguilar gear. He would be the one to hear from.

1 Like

any cab u want. your head has two outputs, and you can also daisy chain from your current sl112. You currently have 1 lightweight 12inch speaker. you might consider a 2x10 or another 12 inch. I have the DB 112 which I love, but its soo heavy I regret not buying the SL.

2 Likes

Thank you, I also think another 112 would fit well.

1 Like

2x12 is best :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Good point, i have Tone Hammer 350 and SL112 for smaller gigs and just got the TH500 for larger events outside. I was thinking about another SL112 to chain or another cabinet 2x12. I was thinking Markbass or Darkglass. I would like to try some more affordable options…. :+1::smiley:

1 Like

i would say before u buy check the weight and depth, my only regret on the Aguilar db is being over 40lbs (25 more than your SL) and being 19 inches deep lol. I woulda got the bergantino or the phil jones.

3 Likes

I have a chance to try Bergantino IP112 would that be similair to the one you shared?

2 Likes

the reference series is lighter, less watts 350 instead of 500 and weights 20lbs less than the older gen IP.

2 Likes

I agree with everything said here. I have the SL410 so not sure what the SL112 is like. Generally 10s are often capable of a little tighter and punchier mids which is why I pick them. If that’s not missing the extra 12 sounds massively fun.

2 Likes