A Practice Aid

Yeah, I would likely pitch in like$15 or $20. That certainly doesn’t cover your time, but hope others will kick you a bit too.
In fairness, I would like t split my donation between you and @JerryP for the creation of the tool.

1 Like

Hey guys,
When I started this thread it was just something I came up with to help my practice. I put it out here because anyone with Power Point could do the same thing at home. I didn’t think it would turn into a business. I’m not looking for any compensation for this as I did nothing but try to help myself.

3 Likes

What?
That’s too much. I am still just toying with the idea of adding more - no guarantee I will and it wasn’t a lot of time until now and I had fun doing it. Maybe I should deactivate it again so I don’t feel bad…

It also helps with learning myself. I already used it.

2 Likes

Would love A Copy of that powerpoint. Sounds like something just perfect.

Thanks in advance and for the wonderful work!
Jesper

jesniels@gmail.com

2 Likes

If you could send me the PowerPoint that would be much appreciated!
dkobemeister28@gmail.com

1 Like

No! No! No! @juli0r. Please don’t deactivate it. I have been using it daily. It is so awesome and helpful @JerryP.

I understand your intentions and generosity. I don’t mean to put you off, I was just throwing out how viable this could be commercially, because the value it has in learning and practicing scales and notes on the fretboard.
My suggestion for a donation link was because the time spent for @juli0r to do the work, and keep tweaking it per requests and suggestions.
IMHO, it is not fair to donate to the person setting up the link and getting it to work properly without contributing to the creator of the content being linked to.

I did not intend it to get out of hand, just a little “Tip money” for you guys to Ass to your “GAS / MBS fund”

Anyway, it’s great the way it is, and thank both of you, as I don’t have PP, and if it will run in pages, but things get a lil quirky on mobile platform all too often, it’s better for me with it on the side like it is now, so ty once again

I could not quite follow. Does the page get quirky on mobile or were you talking about something else?
It is entirely possible that a mobile browser has hickups since it all runs on client side. My tests on mobile were honestly not extensive. Could also be that the loading from the audio file for the drum machine takes a bit of time.
Basically you could do a “Save As…” and run it from your local computer - except for the drum loop sound files.
Okay. I was just talking about the donation button. Not the whole site. I don’t have a reason to shut it down. It costs me literally nothing - it’s all free stuff from companies. I’ll also keep the paypal link on there for tip money, but in my current dev version I moved it into the sidebar so it’s less prominent. It seems that paypal me is the european version of venmo. I checked again and at least for national transfers there’s no fee involved so at least that’s good news.

As you may have noticed I have calmed down a bit regarding the development of this thing. Returned to more practice time for myself for playing bass and singing, but I’m still working on it. Just not as rapidly as in the beginning. I think I’ll create a new thread for the next update once It’s done, because I plan it to be little bit bigger and would like to draw attention to it for feedback. But generally it goes in the direction of ear training you mentioned. The training app I use does both - ear training and voice pitch training (hitting the right note after listening to it). I think I’ll implement both of those. Basic versions of that should be easy as alread said and I tweaked the architecture a bit so it becomes a more modular approach to the app.

2 Likes

No, your site is perfect. I am talking about running a PowerPoint on the Pages App on ipad

1 Like

If I were on Mac, and using the Pages program, the PowerPoint will be fine.
I am limited to IPad for all my needs. The site you created works perfectly on my IPad, that’s why I cringed at the thought of you taking it down

1 Like

The problem of a perfectionist like me is: No. No, it’s not. I could give you 5 things from the top of my head to improve on. But thanks again. I’m really glad you like it. Honestly would be a shame if I did it just for myself.

And I’ve learned from my perfectionist errors and go for the iterative approach. If I try to make something perfect I never get it done. So instead I make a “minimal viable product” - what you at least need to use it and then improve on it. I very much recommend this approach for a lot of projects, not just software.

2 Likes

Good morning @JerryP,
Have had a look at the PPT and it can definitely assist with keeping time when practicing.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it.

4 Likes

that sounds great. Can I be really cheeky and get a copy of the ppt as well? can you share both the ppt and the exported video?

3 Likes

The Power Point is easy to send, but the video file, even at low resolution, it quite large for an email attachment. If you have the latest version of PPT you can create a video file from the presentation. Let me have your email address and I’ll send you the PPT file.

3 Likes

Hi Jerry, could you send me a copy as well? Thank you so much.
victorpha26@gmail.com

3 Likes

that sounds great. Can I be really cheeky and get a copy of the ppt as well? can you share both the ppt and the exported video?

3 Likes

Ok thank you. It’s
andrew-courtney@sky.com

2 Likes

Would love a copy… Don’t know how to PM on this app…

3 Likes

@tlprether just click on the persons name :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Jerry, can you also send me a link as well. That would be appreciated :wink:
Thanks

2 Likes