A Practice Aid

You are right. It was sorted that way in the booklet and I decided to group it but after learning more about scales, modes and so on I know it doesn’t make sense. I think I will just group into major, minor and the different modes as discussed in the other thread and will use the order of the very helpful graphic you posted.

Now that I reached the lessons and finally understand what the initial powerpoint was about I think I’ll also create drumbeats with silent bars in it so it can be used for the groove workout.

5 Likes

This is getting pretty freaking cool.

1 Like

Hey! Chill with the positive feedback until it’s actually online :wink:
We have reached the middle of the week again so I’m working again and did not accomplish as much as I wanted to on my free week.

(Since I work 50% time I started to call my work days the weekend and the other way around. It just fits better.)

3 Likes

That leaves me confused with what I should call my time, all work or all weekend?

Is it really a week end when you are not working during the week?? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

So, I am glad you are 1/2 way around the globe, cuz you will probably swiftly kick me in the nuts for this, but…

I was thinking about your idea to great up the drum loop with silent time so we could practice keeping time, like in B2B lessons.

Then I was thinking, if you did this, could you have two drum beats, one with the skips and one without, just a plain drum loop.
and make them selectable like the flash cards, so you could choose one or the other.

Then I got to thinking some more, and I then thought if you could do this with 2 different loops, could you add a third choice.

I was thinking you could add a simple 4/4 metronome. I sometimes try to get a little fancy with my scales when practicing to the flash cards, and run up and down the neck, or try multiple modes or shapes in the same place.
It is prob just me, but sometimes, I get a lil thrown off by the drum track.

The drum track is great practice, and ultimately, I need to get to the point where I can play to any rythem, but while I am working thru new scale modes, and learning the fretboard, it can be a bit much at times. So I am not asking to change it from drum beats to metronome, cuz I am sure I will progress to there at some point, so only if you can add another would I ask for metronome.

Then I also realize that I can silent my Ipad and play whatever I want out of my phone, metronome, drum beats, music, etc…
So it’s not huge on the list, but it’s just more ideas if it’s something you like.

I usually talk more but yes.
Did not think of a metronome but that’s what I had in mind.
It will be a bit tedious. So tedious I will check it there’s a possibility to create a batch job for reaper so I don’t have to do repetitive work manually.

1 Like

@jerryp. I would like a copy of the video file, too, please. Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome @joepaonessa40
Which video are you requesting?

That one I guess but @JerryP never sent it because the file size makes it very inconvenient while everyone should have access to some kind of powerpoint viewer and the groove workout.

1 Like

Ok, so the video was sidelined, and what we need to do is link him to the practice website and link to the thread so @joepaonessa40 can have the updated info and practice site info

Can you provide them @juli0r please, and TY

1 Like

How about putting the video on YouTube.com? It’s free. You can make the link public or require that people have a link to it (which you could share here). The file can be huge. And YouTube lets you increase/decrease the speed while maintaining the pitch (albeit in 25% speed increments).

2 Likes

I have a Vimeo account so maybe I’ll post it there.
Thanks for the idea!
Jerry

2 Likes

I hear you, about being a perfectionist. When I do stuff like this, it always goes from “just a little idea, it’ll only take me two or three hours” to a project that keeps me busy for weeks, lol.
However there is no need to transform this into an all-round app with a myriad of options and functions.
I think it is perfect as it is now, allowing us to practise the essentials.

I am very grateful for a resource like this, you’ve done a great job, mate.

4 Likes

Thank you. This makes me feel better about still not having fixed that bug :smiley:

I’ve find other things to do than working on it but I actually still use it myself for my warmup with fretting exercises and groove workout.

3 Likes