A question about time

A non serious question for the holiday period. I’ve been playing bass via Josh’s rather excellent B2B course for about a month. Before buying a bass I’d typically practice guitar about 2-4 hours per night. But since starting playing Bass I’ve been enjoying it so much that the ratio is now; 75% Bass 25% guitar.
So do I:
A. Invent some kind of time dilation device that allows me to practice 6 hrs per night in a 3 hr period i.e 3hrs Bass / 3hrs guitar.?
B. Just accept my manifest destiny and focus on bass? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

It sounds like this question is answering itself :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well @Barney, I have thought long and hard about your question for all of 30 seconds and the trouble is I don’t really understand it. So I think the best way forward from here is to re-think the question and the best way to do this is to phrase it more like:

“Do I want to be truly cool, or do I want to play the guitar?”

I feel this makes your choice of answer more clear.

9 Likes

As long as you spend some quality time playing music and practicing an instrument, it’s all good!

Personally, I wouldn’t be able to learn both bass and guitar at the same time - for me that would be a bit akin to trying to learn Spanish and Italian at the same time… likely to become a big mess in my head :rofl:

But, that said, let us know if you make any headway with that time dilation device!!

8 Likes

Choosing linear units to measure time is useful for a few topics, but may not be representative for others.

4 Likes

An excellent analogy, Jörg @joergkutter . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Problem solved…

9 Likes

Hm, maybe we should start a discussion group on the concepts of simultaneity and causality in highly curved spacetime and/or when approaching the speed of light :face_with_monocle: :nerd_face: :joy:

5 Likes

By Jove, I think you’ve got it, @BassFaceDisgrace . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes