A simple Pitch pedal question

Hey to you all!

I was wondering if a pitch pedal could possibly do a half step or half tone up or down. (Moving from one note to the one directly next to it, up or down). I have mostly seen pedals that do minimum one tone and no semitone.
If it exist could anyone recommend me one :smiley:
I am someone fiding a hard time to answer that question :confused:

Thank you in advance !

3 Likes

The DigiTech® Drop is a dedicated polyphonic drop tune pedal that allows you to drop your tuning from one semitone all the way down to a full octave. This pedal was made for a guitar but I have used it to drop down several semi tones on the bass. Once you pass that point things start to get weird for a bass.

7 Likes

Alternative? I use this for pitch shifting

https://digitech.com/whammy-pitch/Whammy%2BRicochet16ad.html

3 Likes

I use the TC Electronic Brainwaves. Does that and more but does color the sound a bit

2 Likes

Can the Whammy ricochet do a semi tone ? i am having a hard time understanding what means " 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th" for the pitch on the pedal.

About the DigiTech Drop, i only drops down right ? so the Whammy ricochet would be more versatile if i ever want to go up a tone/semitone (if it does a semitone)?

And about the Brainwaves, it looks cool! but i am trying to find one with no colour :confused:

1 Like

It is the interval of the pitch shifted note. Pitch will be shifted up or down depending on the position of the RANGE switch. Here is a nice video with different settings:

So yeah lots of fun & possibilities if you want to go up or down. You can also use it as a Whammy. Really cool pedal and I know Josh recommends it too in one of his vids.

Found it!

1 Like

It for sure sounds like a lot of fun!
I do understand that it depends on the position of the range switch, but as asked before, what would be a semitone in these positions? would it be a 2nd? That’s what i am having a hard time understanding :sweat_smile: ( sorry i do lack some theory )

1 Like

It’s not a silly question because I don’t know either. Googled it a bit and can’t really find a clear answer (some people say the Drop is better for that purpose or that the Whammy is close enough). They also talk about the EHX Pitchfork as an alternative (altho ppl seem to favour Digitech). I just play by ear.

Think you have to do some research or maybe someone else has more experience with these pedals? Hope this helps!

1 Like

i think jclay had it right (above)

3 Likes

Well to be honest that is exactly what i need, but i was wondering if the whammy ricochet would also do a semitone. If so, that would mean that the pedal would be more versatile considering there are more features on it.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly because I don’t see/understand the difference either. It has the same settings.

Digitech Whammy Bass, Gamechanger Bigsby, Boss Harmonist.

2 Likes