Back after a little while of inactivity to ask a question about my string buzzing.
My bass was like this when I got it, but it wasn’t really a big deal until I started picking and now it’s a pretty big issue.
From my tests, this is what I have found:
- Open A string - no buzz, at most just a bump against the fretboard after a second
- Open A string plucked a little aggressively but not too hard - light buzz after just under one second
- First fret - almost immediately a fairly big buzz
- Second fret - same as first but a little quieter
- Third fret - sometimes there, sometimes not. quiet
- Fourth fret - same as third
- Fifth fret - none
- Sixth fret - surprisingly, pretty buzzy
- Seventh fret - Just a bit less than sixth
- Eighth fret - weird, annoying, constant high pitched buzz
- Ninth fret - barely any
- Tenth fret - same as ninth but a bit less
- Eleventh fret - only if I pluck hard
- Twelfth fret - same as eleventh
Others above that vary but aren’t that important right now.
With a pick, it’s a different story.
I will only write the frets that are different than fingerstyle.
- Second fret - same as first
- Third fret - a bit less than second
- Fourth and fifth - both much quieter than second and first but still obvious
- Sixth - none
- Seventh to twelfth - all pretty much the same. A good bit of buzz.
I think that may have been too much information. I hope someone can help me out!