Acid jazz on the fly

A video of me playing a bass track for a new song in the studio…
I play multiple instruments.
My view of bass playing is first to unite the rhythm and melody, and second to drive the song into better dynamics…
I started playing young and In the seventies had a rocking band farm house where musicians of all levels would jam 24 hours a day, you could step in and wail in real time…
Singing on an instrument takes dedication beyond theory, it’s inside…
John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band
Videos at rumble…tell me what you see is the song

3 Likes

Hi @John_Layne, welcome and glad you are here.

No video is posted here to see.

2 Likes

Hmmm not here and not allowed to post a link…perhaps I should not be saying that if you go to rumble videos and search John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band…they should show up…

I’m a newbie, old guy retired engineer…

2 Likes

Let me help you with that:

4 Likes

Hi there John, welcome to the forum. You probably don’t need to take the course… :grin:

Good to have one more experienced bass player on the forum. I am sure you can provide newbies like me some valuable information. Have fun! :+1:

2 Likes

I see some nice bass playing! :+1:

Oh…and the beard looks badass, I like it! :+1:

Thanks ya’ll
The video was made for a group of jazz stations in Europe that have been playing my music over the years, but no one has seen me play in 40 years…
So I wrote this live in studio.

I have played with conservatory trained musicians to old guys in the mountains that just smile and play with anything you want to whip out…I like the folks with their own song, flava…

So here I wrote a bass part which formed the song, I didn’t plan anything. Since all I had to.play to was a lead vocal track, and a drum track…
So it’s a jam that creates form…think about that playing…simplicity is the basis for complexity, fit the song your way…

1 Like

That’s some awesome playing man. Plus there’s nothing cooler than wearing shades indoor. Love it, I just can’t pull it off, lol.

Thanks,
At my age shades keep the dust from pouring out in red sand…my eyes!!! Lol
Thanks …

Here is another couple of videos of me on bass on studio.tracks.

Walking in Eden.

Waving ole Glory

My old Travis bean, im looking for a new hi end bass, looking at prs modern, i need some different tones…
Ive had alembics etc…any ideas?

A couple of new studio bass performances…

Hope all is well and harmonious…

John

1 Like