AKG K240 Studio Headphones vs Fender Rumble 100 v3

I use K240’s with my Rumble 40 and don’t have any problems at all. I have my gain set at 50% and my volume is turned up less than 25%.

4 Likes

It’s that one. With other devices the volume is more than ok, it only happens with the amp. Will try another set of headphones on the amp and report back.

3 Likes

I just tried with my Sony WH-1000XM3, the difference is night and day. :pensive:

2 Likes

Weird…
So it’s not the Headphones as they work fine with other gear
It’s not the amp/headphone out as it works fine with other gear

:confused:
what?

1 Like

welp

3 Likes

Interesting. With underdriven 'phones usually the sound quality drops before the volume (the volume will drop too, but it will sound thinner, less low end, and more tinny first).

I had no problem driving Sony MDRV6’s (63 ohms) from my Rumble 25 when I had it.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue with a Fender Rumble LT25, it just didn’t like some of the headphones I bought.
I would always try my headphones first with any amp in the future before buying, now I’ve been caught by this issue.

4 Likes

I have found I really don’t like wearing headphones while practicing, they annoy the hell out of me. I’ll do it but rather wouldn’t.

2 Likes

I agree but what ya gonna do if you feel the urge to play at 2:30 and your better half is sleeping in the same room? :smiley:

3 Likes

If you assume your better half is your bass, no problem! :joy:

5 Likes

What do you call a bassist without a girlfriend?

4 Likes

A bassist

4 Likes

So, for the ones of us that do have a girlfriend… should we sacrifice her to the bass god to become bassists?

4 Likes

She might leave with the next bass purchase. I think you just need to sacrifice your money to the gear gods and then it will happen!

Not practicing with headphones might “help” too :wink:

3 Likes

Oh… so “stop making the walls tremble” is in fact a warning sign

3 Likes

Depends on the situation.
While practicing - yes.
While in bed with her - no.

3 Likes

Homeless…

4 Likes

I do now :relaxed:

It’s noticeably better, but I think I’ll need a headphone amp (GAS Alert) to get the full potential out of it.

How do you mute the amp while practicing with phones? Do you stick a plug in the headphones in?

3 Likes

I… Leave the amp off. Sorry but my active bass EQ is currently enough for me regarding sound options.

But that should work to mute the speaker anyway. Empty cable or just adapter plug should work I think.

2 Likes

Oh. Nevermind. I misinterpreted what you said

1 Like