Fender Rumble LT25

Thanks for the info @JerryP. It’s a bit of a shame but not a show stopper that the LT25 doesn’t work with the phone app Fender have.

1 Like

The Fender Tone PC app is where it’s at with this amp. The more I play with it, the more I don’t want to play without it. Although you can change all the setting from the apm itself, the app makes it soooooo much more user friendly.

You can swap between 16 different virtual amps, each with their own set of Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Volume controls.

Then you have about 22 pre and post effects pedal options. Each pedal has all the individual adjustments you would expect on a physical pedal. So you can mix and match, tweak and tinker until it sounds like you want it to.

So you can build the sound combinations you want then save it directly to the amp for easy access later with or without the app.

Granted, some of them are just cool noise makers that I can’t imagine music really coming from. But a lot of the 30 stock presets, and another 86 within the app are good starting points for tweaking and creating what you are looking for. Then, after the firmware update, you can save your creations to the amp into slots 31 -60. These won’t show up until you update the amps firmware. For easy access later.

I’m way to much of a newbie to make any real informed opinions on the amps virtual effects pedals sound quality compared to good solid real pedals on other amps. But I think it gives you the option to play with a LOT of different options to get a good idea of what direction you would go in if you were to go do a different amp and start buying pedal types. and… it’s all in one small portable package that lives inside the amp (which is now working with my PC most of the time) :slight_smile:

Chris

5 Likes

For a newbie, that’s a damn good review!
I agree, I don’t want to play without the app either. I’m gonna have to find me a Windows 10 machine to replace my old laptop.

2 Likes

I have one with XP :rofl:

2 Likes

I have a fender practice amp, and I like it. howevs, I also have a full scale class D head and cabs (TC electronic, the same one josh uses, hmmm how did that happen I wonder). some of you mention looking for more expensive amps should also think about going with separates too. there are some very small setups (i’m looking at you elf head) and lightweight cabs that aren’t that much more than a nicer combo amp, especially used. and I think you get a lot more flexibility, power, and better sound. plus a lot of times you can just grab your head and go and plug into the house system or directly into the board if recording. nice.

3 Likes

I’ve had bit more time to use the amp, and it seems the headphone output is sensitive to what headphones are used. I bought a pair of KZ ZS10 Pro In Ear headphones, and I got weird distortion and not great sound. They have very good frequency response according the specs. Same happened with a very decent pair of Bose noise cancelling in ears. When I use my high end over ear headphones, all is fine. I reckon it’s a drive/impedance issue, but haven’t yet checked the impedance of the three pairs I’ve tried with the amp.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the headphones yet. Maybe I’ll try them tonight.

2 Likes

I have a pair of JVC HA-RX700 over the ear headphones that work VERY well with my LT25. They go for $43 or so on Amazon, and the 11 foot cord is a plus!!!

Best part is someone at work gave them to me for free because they bought a new wireless pair and didn’t use them anymore :slight_smile:

Chris

3 Likes

I tried the cheap pair of headphones that I use when I travel and they seem to work fine with the LT25.

2 Likes

Dummies question but would I be able to use the amp in conjunction with my iPad as I don’t have a computer?

2 Likes

Hi @Mac, you will be able to use the aux out to send audio to the amp from the iPad (I assume it has an audio out jack - I don’t have an iPad), but the fender app for the LT25 is for Mac and Windows only as far as I know and won’t work on the iPad for the LT25. Other Fender amps can use a mobile app, but not the LT25.

3 Likes

Thanks Mark :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @JerryP.
Starting to worry about the headphone output on my particular amp.

2 Likes

Daft question time. Anyone with an LT25 know if the front grill cover is meant to be removable? There’s a small material tab sticking out bottom right of the grill which looks like it’s to pull the grill off, but when I start to try there’s resistance. Not sure if it’s just a stiff fit, or it’s not meant to come off? I don’t want to pull against it if it’s glued!

3 Likes

If it’s the same as for the Rumble 15, the front grill is only fixed by 4 Velcro fasteners and can be removed :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @Krescht, the velcro would explain the ripping noise when I pulled at one edge, making me think I was pulling glued parts apart!

2 Likes

Yup thanks again, with more bravery since your reply, the cover is now off! Think I prefer it without a cover.

4 Likes

Yes, all the Rumble series amps have a removable grill . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have chalked up another small factoid of bass playing knowledge. That just leaves learning the fretboard, fingering technique, scales and other minor stuff like that.
I’m making progress :blush:

7 Likes

One step at a time . . . you’ll get there! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes