Alaaf!

Happy Karneval from Germany!

16 Likes

There’s the kangaroo!!! Excellent Antonio!!!

3 Likes

I promised :grin: now it started raining, not good for the fur :partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Do they have the game where everyone piles on a spinning disc and men with ropes try to knock everyone off? …or is that just an Oktoberfest thing?

3 Likes

It’s Oktoberfest. We have schunkeln and dancing in the streets all over. It starts today and ends next Wednesday :partying_face:

The bassist here has a Sandberg H/S four string roadworn, I checked :grin:

3 Likes

Man, I miss Germany. Lived there for two years when I was in the Army. Beautiful country.

2 Likes

Nice to hear, @TXbass68 - I feel kinda the same, lived in England for a year and it was magical at the college I was at. Which part of Germany did you get to see, the south west?

Cheers,
Antonio

1 Like

I saw most of it and many of the surrounding countries. I was stationed in Karlsruhe.

1 Like

Nice to hear, I used to be in Karlsruhe because of a friend back in the day. The world is a village :grin:

2 Likes

The party continues

3 Likes

Did you ever go to a bar called The Icehouse? It was on the outskirts of town near Smiley Kanserna.

Nah, I mostly went to the city centre, there were a few small bars that probably don’t exist anymore. The “wildest” thing I did was jump off the tower at the Rheinbad Rappenwört. :grin: So, not the most exciting time.

Karneval, btw, finishes on Wednesday here, but I’ll call it a day now. I need a real bed. :innocent:

Cheers everybody!

Seriously wondering if every city has a bar called The Icehouse

For Germany, that would be quite unusual. What I would argue here is that every city might have a bar called “Wunderbar”.
That is a name I have seen here often (wunderbar is the german word for “wonderful”)

1 Like

Or any other word that lends itself to the wordplay of having “bar” (english: “bar”) in there, such as “Sonderbar” (english: “weird/peculiar”) :wink: