All Things Midi Including Controllers

Arturia is superb at answering tech support questions. I just shot them the question and should get an answer soon.

2 Likes

You probably havenā€™t activated it in Arturia Software Center yet. Arturia manages its licenses there. Itā€™s two step - you register on their web site, and activte in the desktop app.

2 Likes

Thanks @howard. I thought I had, but now Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ll take another look at it. Hopefully Arturia support can shed some light on it also.
At least now I know itā€™s supposed to be the full version and not just the demo version, based on yours and @sully s replies.

Yeah it should definitely be a full version!

Itā€™s super cool, and would be worth the $200 even if you didnā€™t have it for free already. Lots of great sounds in there across all the V Collection synths. For me it was the best possible ad for V Collection ever - I sprung for that last month :slight_smile:

One thing to note though - the free license for Analog Lab comes with and is tied to the keyboard. If you sold the keyboard to someone else itā€™s possible they activated the free license. I donā€™t know what Arturia does for prior owners in this case. My guess is they will let both owners activate it in that case but I do not know for sure.

1 Like

You bought the V collection? Is that the one that sells for like $250? Is it worth the money in your opinion?

$600. The synths are $150-200 each if you buy them separately, or $600 for all 28.

It does go on sale for half price (I pounced on that).

I do not think that for you it would be worth it - it only makes sense if you really want to program the synths. Most of the synth presets - which is most likely what you will want - are in Analog Lab. And Analog Lab does let you tweak some paramaters, just not fully program the synths to make new patches.

The latter was important to me (and I have been geeking out on it) but will likely be meaningless for you.

1 Like

Thanks for that advice @howard. Iā€™ll just pursue AL V then.

Cheers

Pam

1 Like

Good plan!

@PamPurrs I got the full version of Analogue Lab Lite with my little Arturia MiniLab Mk II

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point @howard. I remember when I had the Arturia keyboard playing around with AL IV and AL V, but donā€™t recall it timing out after 20 minutes like it does now. It was only yesterday that I noticed it said ā€œDemoā€.
Now you have me wondering if they deactivated mine because someone else activated it on their end. :thinking:

I guess Iā€™ll find out for sure when I hear back from support. If they say Iā€™m deactivated, Iā€™ll think seriously about purchasing it because I really do like it.

1 Like

Yeah Analog Lab is great. Probably best to wait for Black Friday for any serious music software purchase though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m thinking too. Thanks!

1 Like

Well, I heard back from Arturia support and they walked me though deactivating and then reactivating AL VI and V, and now they are both fully functional.

I was fully prepared to purchase Analog V on Black Friday, but now I donā€™t have to. I feel as though I just saved at least $100, probably more.

3 Likes

So, using Trudy Logic, @PamPurrs, you have $100 to spend on gear now. Youā€™re welcome.

1 Like

Not to worry. This bunch wonā€™t let that $100 give you pocketburn, @PamPurrs .

1 Like

That $100 plus another $65 just went out the door. I signed up for another Ariane Cap study group which starts this Friday.

3 Likes

I wish I had time to do one of those.
This work thing is really getting in the way.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I keep wanting to unretire and go back to work, but music and woodworking gets in the way :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Excellent!

Itā€™s such a neat package of goodies. 6500 presets from almost 30 iconic keyboards.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s nice to be able to explore all the different sounds without it timing out every 20 minutes. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes