All Things Midi Including Controllers

I’m not sure if I understand your question…

Piano One is in the folder \Steinberg\VSTPlugins and only works within Reaper. I don’t know of a way to use it without launching Reaper. Is there a way?

Ahh sorry, you called it an app and I assumed you were running it as an application.

Nope, that’s a plugin, just what I use, yes.

So you should be able to save that as Track FX and have it remember the mapping. Once a Track FX chain is saved you can load it in any project on a track.

1 Like

Okay sorry for being stupid again… how does one do that?

“Save FX chain” in the FX menu when you open track FX.

A potentially better method is to just save the config for the learn you did in that plugin and it will always load with that plugin. See post #4 in the thread I posted above (and read it in the Reaper manual). Or this thread:

1 Like

The link “Default Controller Mappings” is greyed out. Probably because this is the free version. I guess if I buy it that would work.
Oh well, no biggie. I really don’t have a problem with using the mouse, I just thought I would put these controls on the keyboard to use.

Can you set everything up and save it as a ‘template’ and then just open and rename it for each project so the settings are all there?

I do this with my midi foot switch thing

1 Like

That sounds like too much work just to avoid having to use the mouse. I’m already worn out just from all that “Learn” stuff, LOL

1 Like

That’s basically a slightly more clumsy way of doing what saving it as track FX would do.

But yes, you can also do that.

1 Like

@howard found the site my teacher was using for drums…called drums on demand https://www.drumsondemand.com

It’s real cuts from live players, so more like loops, but of each part of the kit, so you can stack them how you want.

1 Like

This is a cool idea!

Don’t make me come over there :wave: lol

Hard no. :face_vomiting:

Unless maybe you’re going to use it to clean your strings :joy:

1 Like

yeah - sometimes there is just an unbridgeable, fundamental divide between people, and this is one. Coke is it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t drink either, but understand the divide, very well.
That said, Pepsi pays the bills here, so Pepsi wins here.

Just remember, Pepsi always wins in the Pepsi Challange (and I know why too).

2 Likes

If I were still drinking soda, it would be Dr Pepper anyway. Or more likely, Jarritos or Kirin.

1 Like

I used to work for them before they pulled out of the northeast and moved to TX (my NY blood doesn’t do well in TX, thus the jump to PEP), and Pepsi bottles @40% of the Dr Pepper in the USA anyway, so Dr Pepper is a winner too. The diet version is phenomenal as well.

2 Likes

It’s basically the best diet soda. Tied with Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale for me.

1 Like

When I did drink soda, it was Sunkist Orange, its got just about as much caffeine as Mt Dew.
When I went to PEP it was Diet MT Dew, but then I stopped cold.
Just too much sugar and then too much artificial sweeteners for me.
I am basically down to water, espresso and a beer or red wine once in a great while.

My all time fave is still Stewart’s Black Cherry Wishniack…amazing stuff.

Truth and truth.
Canada Dry Ginger Ale will cure what ails you.
So good, forgot about that one.
Was a Dr Pepper/Cadbury product too, they basically own all the ginger ales.

1 Like

Oh there’s a ton of small sodas like that I love but my problem for those would be availability.

Love Henry Weinhard’s root beer and cream sodas. Their normal beer used to be a budget-friendly staple too but Coors just killed it.