Am I too critical with this paint finish

I honestly think the white is a great color too. I really prefer the more matte whites and blacks over glossy.

Yes, with visible wood grain would fit better next to the cello (which looks nicer anyway)

1 Like

Could not agree more. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This is the reason I went with a 604 instead. So, I could get this:

(Stock photo. I need to take a good picture of mine at some point.)

2 Likes

I went with a 604 because I found a used one for less :slight_smile:

But they are indeed gorgeous. I loved my Dark Red Burst.

1 Like

If you had not got the used 604 would you have got a 504?

1 Like

@howard I waited until I found a used one that cost less than new (by a decent amount - in this case $130 less.). And it was in mint condition.

@Celticstar I didn’t really like the the 504 color choices, but I really liked the 604 matte amber. So, I waited for a used one.

3 Likes

Yes, I was actually looking for a used 504 at the time.

I got mine close to three years ago for about $300 in mint condition, it was a crazy good deal I couldn’t pass up. They are a bit cheaper here.

Sold it for a profit this year, too.

1 Like

I just wish it had a few more knobs and switches.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I sense some irony… :smile:

Sarcasm.

It’s got the perfect controls for an active/passive bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 months in, I’m still trying to figure out exactly what to do with all of that…
In a way, buying a new amp and playing around with a used pj (and also replacing the p with a Steve Harris model) has given me a better idea how I’d like my instrument, and ofc the trbx when using it, to sound.
It was to much to play around with, with no clear goal in mind and little experience I got pretty confused

Do you have any idea if Yamaha wrote somewhere what frequencies the bass, mid and treble cut/boost are centered at? I couldn’t find it

1 Like

I don’t actually know, good question.

1 Like

Translucent pretty much mean thinner coats of paint than clear. Both of my 51 and 54 squier look like one coat of white it’s so thin. But it’s the look they are going for I guess.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s a great explanation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like the look of that translucent colour. Also a thinner coat means better tonewood.

2 Likes

It depends what clear they used nitro suffocate the wood and block all the woody tone or that’s Poly? Lol.

1 Like

Yep, personally, I love it! :100: a keeper!

There was a 504 at my local shop when I went looking for a new bass the other day, but I dunno… just wasn’t feeling the brown :confused:

Always excellent quality gear though! had tons of yamaha stuff, home cinema amps, mixers, headphones… can’t fault any of it!
Heck! even my old £75 second hand entry level RBX170 I started learning on was awesome! :smile:

2 Likes