Amp : 40W or 100W

Me too @fennario

This is zero @chris_van_hoven

This is where I had it on Tuesday night at rehearsal with a drummer

And this is full volume (which I’ve never had it on at rehearsal)

It’s really light (10kg), sounds good, isn’t crazy expensive and is loud enough.

My dB app on my phone was reading about 95 dB for our session which is definitely loud enough at my age.

What’s not to like?

3 Likes

Thank you guys !
So it will be a 100W amp (I feel so sorry for my neighbors …).

I’ll start a new subject : should it be Ampeg RB112 or Rumble 100 ? :slight_smile: !

Have a good bass day !
Laurent

3 Likes

I don’t know much the Rocket series, but for the same price you can have a Micro-CL. just saying.

4 Likes

i went to Rumble 500 it is sounds soooo good even at practice level , massive improvement vs. Ampeg 108 (25W ?)

Rumble 100 is also great according to the review I read before being the 500

Enjoy !

2 Likes

Rumble 500 is way too big !

1 Like

I understand this is an amp and a cab. But how is that better than a combo ampeg RB112 ?
From what I see : heavier, no DI out … But being a newbie I might not have the full picture :wink: !

1 Like

My impression is the rocket series sounds better but looks less cool. That cab is sealed right?

There’s no right answer. They’re both great value.

Lot’s of comparisons for this kind of thing on The Tubes if you look around.
Plus individial reviews, sound samples of both.

3 Likes

sorry I was not saying the Micro-CL is necessarilly better, I just wanted to show you another option :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can we also mention the Orange Crush Bass 100?

I was seriously considering one of these before I decided to go insane and get my Ampeg. The sound out of these Oranges is delicious. Add in an FX loop, balanced out XLR, 1/4 size headphone jack, built in tuner and it’s a nice package.

Plus the sound. Did I mention the sound? Because the sound.

3 Likes

Weights FYI

Orange crush 100 - 53.5 lbs
Rumble 100 - 22 lbs
Rumble 800 - 29lbs (2x10 combo)

If you never want to carry it around it’s great? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

29 for the 210 combo? Wow, the Ampeg 210 is listed at 38.5 lbs on sweetwater. Are there lighter speakers in the 800? The 500 is listed at 36.5 lbs.

Yes I have the 800 combo (the new version) and it’s 29 lbs

3 Likes

Picky picky

The price … but tuner included so … worth considering (I have strong arms !).

I would probably opt for the BA112 or the Rumble 100. With a slight boost from a preamp or clean boost either should be fine for both practice and small jams where everyone controls their volume. The 12" speaker will give you a rounder bottom end and a bit more apparent volume. It’ll sound bigger.

I’ve used both amps in exactly the settings I described and they were more than sufficient with two guitars and drums playing basic classic rock and blues. Now if you’re playing much louder heavy metal with a loud drummer and loud guitars no small amp is gonna be enough for that kind of work.

1 Like

I’ve had a BA 115 HPT and this thing has been the least reliable amp I’ve ever had. I don’t know about the BA 112 but that’s maybe something to consider.

Also to consider for heavy gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have the same one in white and blue. I used it a lot when I was gigging with a 4x12" !

3 Likes

Our condo complex has three and I use them all the time :rofl:

2 Likes