Amp Stands

My practice space is awash in a sea of buzz, not from the amp itself but mostly from the closet doors in the room. The amp is sitting on carpet but I’m wondering if raising it up off the ground will alleviate this somewhat. Otherwise I’ll have to relocate to my cold ass basement. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Raising the amp will definitely help. Getting it off the carpet is a MUST!

2 Likes

This is the one I have BTW

1 Like

I put the amp on a milk crate to see if it made a difference and it didn’t really, I think this is just a very buzzy room unfortunately…

2 Likes

You should consider adding some padding to the closet doors, some thin felt strips maybe.

2 Likes

Is it a buzzing sound that somewhat resembles vibration? Yes, it could be the closet doors. As a test, try playing with the doors open and see what happens. I had a similar experience with a cabinet door in my music room and that’s how I isolated it.

3 Likes

If the door is rattling against the frame just use a cheap self adhesive door mute. They’re the things you find on your kitchen cabinets to stop the door banging against the frame. They’ll have them in your hardware store.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-Clear-Soft-Rubber-Like-Plastic-Self-Adhesive-Round-Bumpers-16-Pack-49967/203661150

4 Likes

Or, just turn up the volume to the point where you no longer hear any rattling noise :wink:

7 Likes

this is the best solution :+1::joy:

1 Like

Is that a good one, Pam? I have a small cheapie, and the amp doesn’t sit well in it. I’m looking into a different one, and that one looks cool.

2 Likes

I’ve had it for three years and it has held a Rumble 40, a Rumble 100, and now a Rumble 500. It does the job quite well.

2 Likes

Awesome. I’ll probably give that one a shot.

2 Likes