Another 4 bass or a new 5 strings bass?

I had a B208SM which was killer, I just was no good with an 8-string. However, the quality in the B line is great, and I loved the 5-piece neck and spalted maple body. Based on that, I presume the B205SM would be awesome and comfortable. I have since picked a Stream-205, and it is very nice as well, just not the same as the B series.

I have to say for the $ these B series 20xSMs are amazing values, especially if you nab a used one - a great way to get into 4+ string basses and see how you like them.

1 Like

I’ve got a B204 and a B206. They are solid instruments. Punch above their weight.

2 Likes

ESP is just a solid brand all around.

1 Like

my first “nice bass” was an ESP Ltd B-305. I left it at someone’s house a long time ago and time just sorta passed by. I should see if he still has it and if I can retrieve it… if not, hopefully it’s bringing someone musical joy.

If you ever acquire a Warwick Thumb NT 4 string and want to leave it at my place, please do. Lol.

I think your friend is selling your bass haha

I bought a Sterling Ray34 (my second bass) to have a BEAD bass. I hated playing it that way. I only play tabs so far (a newb), and playing 4 string tabs on it drove me nuts. I switched it back and GAS bought a mint 2011 MM Stingray H fiver for $600. That makes me good on basses for a while lol.

1 Like

This is the key part of that sentence :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Here ya go @SubsonicRob ,
Something like this :grin::grin:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

If you ever get bored with it, I will give it a good home next to my 5’er.

I see you like Rotos on your Wicks too.

3 Likes

Not looking to argue but strictly related to that question- I believe Scar Tissue uses the 19th fret of the g string which cannot be played on the d. But I’m totally up for BEAD tuning :slight_smile:

Edit: just realized that this is a super old thread. Sorry :sweat_smile:

edit: there is also By The Way by rhcp as well

2 Likes