Another bass player bites the dust

My Baby Groot bass player vibrated off the speaker shelf and crashed to the floor. My friend made this for me on his 3D printer, now I have to ask him to make another one.

Due to Covid restrictions, there will be no services.

16 Likes

At least the bass is okay.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m glad I don’t have to ask my friend to remake the bass also.

8 Likes

Oh no! He looks to be in good shape, despite being in several pieces. You might try some good epoxy to repair him?

6 Likes

That’s my alternate plan if my friend won’t make me another one. He loves making things with his 3D printer, so he’ll probably do it.

6 Likes

A couple of drops of Crazy Glue should fix him right up.

8 Likes

He died doing what he loved. There should be comfort in that.

11 Likes

From the looks of where his neck and arm snapped, it appears he sacrificed his live to save the bass.

12 Likes

That’s pretty awesome. We love Groot in this house. One break should be a simple repair with some glue, but if you can easily get a new one then why not.

It looks like you have a green screen behind him and I’m disappointed you didn’t throw in some Guardians of the Galaxy background. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I was so distraught I didn’t even think of that. Damn, I should have!

P.S. His last words before he hit the ground were “I’m Groot”!

6 Likes

Here ya go @JT

12 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

Can’t glue the parts back together?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I will do if my friend doesn’t want to make me another one.

1 Like

Pam,
I am quiet on the threads, and check in to lurk often. Upon finding this unexpected loss I raise my instrument, and honor our fallen brother-in-bass. May he rock hard in the realm of existence he occupies eternally, and be remembered through us all with each pluck of our E. Silent whisper through the ring: We are Groot.

7 Likes

A little glue and he’ll be good to go :slight_smile: And I agree … at least the Bass is ok.

1 Like

That’s funny … it is definitely a cool piece and a great friend for making it for you. I once had a miniature Floyd character (Bass player for the Muppets), but lost it coming back from Germany :frowning:

2 Likes

If you do, will he then say “I am Gluet”?

6 Likes

I have a small band of folks in the music room…so far, no casualties, but perhaps I will contimplate a railing.

8 Likes

Love the three-string bass player :joy:

3 Likes