Another entry in a crowded practice amp market

Might be of interest to anyone in the market for a small(ish) bedroom amp. I have their headphone amp and that is pretty impressive which bodes well for the amp

Nux Unveils the Mighty Bass 50BT Amp – No Treble

2 Likes

I love my Vox headphone amp. It has a nice tone to it and it’s very handy. Most days I end up jamming with built-in drum loops few minutes before going to bed.

1 Like

Looks Similar to the Spark Amp for guitars. Sounds great, but would like to hear someone paying the low E or B string on it.

1 Like

Since these things are for practice, the built in drums and looper sound like great features and the price isn’t bad.

I’m also learning guitar, so invested in the Yamaha THR30II Wireless since it has more on-board customization without their app, has a rechargeable battery, and can be connected to a wireless transmitter.

If I were just playing bass, I would probably get this as I love practice stuff like built in metronomes/drums that the VOX Bass headphone amp has.

2 Likes

Keep in mind if you are playing bass through a guitar amp you may lose some low end (you know, the good parts of the bass) as they are not designed for those low frequencies.

1 Like

Don’t do it @Kal you need a bass amp. If you use a guitar combo amp on a Bass you can easily blow the speakers. Also that Nux 50W practice amp you mentioned in your OP only has a 6.5" speaker so you will not get anything near a good Bass tone.

I do not like effects incorporated into an amp. There are better ways to go. But that is just my opinion.

IMHO the best thing to do would be to buy a Rumble 100, which has a 12" speaker, and a Zoom B1Four which will give you all the effects you could want and a tuner, a looper and a drum machine and you can still use your head phones.

Again we are in the realm of personal preferences and in the end the choice is yours.

Good luck.

1 Like

The smallest you can get a decent tone out of is the Rumble 40, but agree here you may want to save a step and go up to the 100, big difference.

1 Like

The THR30ii has a bass mode and does a decent job as a bass practice amp. I
I have a rumble, nux, amplug and the THR and 9 times out of 10 I’ll use the Yamaha for practice.

2 Likes