Another stupid effects loop question

well, i’m kind of embarrassed to ask this because somewhere here i made a case that bass players don’t need effects loops, that it’s more a guitar player thing. and in general i think that might be the case. but when Tim Lefebvre puts out a signature preamp pedal that basically is built around how he prefers to have his effects loop set up, who am i to argue? a lot of hi-end players are closer to guitar players these days anyways. so there is use cases where they could be helpful and i may have one of those going on. but i don’t know what i’m doing so helllppppp…

in the simplest of terms i haven’t used my big boy pedal board in years, because it’s in my basement where i am finally getting close to finishing my home theater/music room. but i am thinking of re-configuring it. in simplest terms, on the one hand i have preamp pedal > octaver > distortion > HX stomp. i plan on running the stomp output into the return effects loop in my bass amp to bypass the bass amp’s preamp section and use the preamp pedal as the preamp. easy so far. the problem is on the other hand, i have a beatbuddy drum pedal. i want this to run completely separate from any effects as having an octaved drum machine would be weird. i mean, sure i could just run it first in the chain, but it seems there should be a cleaner way to run this pedal. so do i insert the beatbuddy into the effects loop in/out of the HX stomp itself, so it can run seperately from the rest of the signal chain? i haven’t played with the effects loop on the stomp, i believe it’s a not always on type of setup where you have to move the effects loop into your effects chain to use it, that part i should be able to figure out.

btw this is lefeb’s pedal (not the preamp i own):

also surprisingly i also dropped a message to my favorite music store on earth, chicago music exchange, asking them this question. they replied to me that the hx stomp doesn’t have an effects loop :\

(beatbuddy would go in/out here)

A compressor is something that every bass player needs. So to say you dont need an effects loop is just not accurate. No person would perform without one. But on top of that, theres no reason to not use pedals. They’re fun. They add allot of utility for a low price. If you wanted to to get a bunch of various sounds without them, you need need thousands of dollars in amps, instruments, and various mixes of pickups. Plus, there are sounds you just cant get without one. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who plays without them.

In my loop I have a strobostomp, and a Zoom B14X, along with my scarlette. The b14x can do sampling loops, drum machines, and tons of various effects.