Any COVID lockdown doesn't mean a shutdown

Hi everyone, I posted this in the “Favorite DAW’s” thread but I think it may be lost there because the thread is very dormant and I think it’s important to let people know what is possible under COVID conditions whilst staying safe. I live in Melbourne, Australia and we have been in a very serious lockdown due to COVID19. This lockdown has prevented us from mixing with people outside of your family. Bummer!! Anyway, I use a DAW to record my stuff. I have a drummer and 2 guitarist friends whom I cannot visit at the moment. We all use DAW’s and when one of us has an idea he records it and emails it to the others. Everyone then has the ability to listen to and then record something they think would ‘go with’ and email it back with their part added to the original. It’s been great fun and quite productive. Don’t let this virus get the better of you. There’s always a ‘work around’. Keep grooving and stay safe. Cheers, Russ.

10 Likes

That sucks that Melbourne is being so draconian about it. That must be depressing.

We’re almost back to normal here in Arizona, but still difficult to get any venue to let us get together and jam.
The good news is, the end is in sight.

4 Likes

Hey @russki98,
Where about s are you in Melbourne :thinking:
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Sunbury Brian, where are you?

2 Likes

I’m in Greenvale Russ @russki98
Cheers Brian

1 Like

We’re practically neighbours @TNKA36 !!!

2 Likes

About 15 mins away Russ @russki98👍
@Mac and @rory are both in Melbourne as well, so we are well represented in the B2B family😁
Cheers Brian

4 Likes