Any info on Mike Alder bass

I think he stopped building around 2007. Someone proposed a trade to my chacoal Sparkel Musicman stingray. I was going to GAS an Ibanez 1506 but this came up I only found a couple of post and nothing else. He’s known for building 11 and 12 string bass. Anything helps. Thanks. Here’s the bass.

6 Likes

Beautiful. Anything more than four strings isn’t for me, but this baby looks really great.

6 Likes

Agreed :100: @MikeC and @Al1885 . . . woodwork looks great, but way too many strings :grin:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Not that many, just 2 too many, lol. I’ve been switching between two of my 5 strings one with high C might as well take the next step. I just don’t know if I should go with something this pricey. $500-700 seems more reasonable to me.

1 Like

What a monster lol. I like all the extra EQ options!

2 Likes

I am just a simple caveman. That many strings on a bass frighten, and confuse me.

6 Likes

but but but i’ve got small hands :rofl:

4 Likes

I bet you that thing is HEEEAAAAVVVY!!! I would rather play an air guitar with 47 strings :wink:

2 Likes

Actually is just over 10lbs. Which means lighter than all but one of my stingrays and almost all of my fender. So to its mass it would feel light.

1 Like

Some expensive basses have a chambered body to reduce weight.

I’m with the others, I like it, but I’m sticking with four strings.

4 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes