Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Oh man yes, MTD basses are so drool-inducing. I’ve played a few really nice old custom MTDs, you’re reigniting my lust for them just by mentioning the name lol.

5 Likes

Just found this one. A Warwick Vampyre SN. I’m lovin it.

9 Likes

Happy Halloween, indeed.

2 Likes

Haha!!! Brutalllllll. Is anyone but Gene Simmons allow to play it? :stuck_out_tongue: :ghost: :kiss:

4 Likes

Me. LOL

5 Likes

New item of my GAS.

9 Likes

This one’s (visually alone) a beauty:

6 Likes

What do you have that tuned to? Don’t they come in a lower tuning from the factory?

1 Like

I really like the Spector Bantam 4:

3 Likes

Wooooow that’s crazy pretty. Would love to see it in action, looks like it was make of fluorescent asteroid bits or something.

3 Likes

When I want to see sexy basses, I just take a bit of time over on Ritter Instruments. That dude’s designs are off the charts.

3 Likes

Hoooo boy… what a beauty :smile:

5 Likes

WOOOOW that’s pretty stuff.

1 Like

My next bass is definitely going to be a Gibson . . . was thinking about the SG, but right now I’m really gassing over this one:

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAFQL802/Thunderbird-Bass-2019#SKU-BAT419VSBC1

I know it’s an extravagance, but it’s something I’ve always wanted . . . probably another throwback to the early 70’s, and because John Entwistle played one back then . . . :slight_smile:

(spending my children’s inheritance one bass at a time :yum:)

All best, Joe

6 Likes

HA. That bass sure is purdy. I’ve never played a Thunderbird, but I want to now!

3 Likes

One of these days…

A Chowny SWB-1 Scott Whitley Signature short scale.

5 Likes

The Chowny’s are all gorgeous. I was just looking at their page last night. I like the Warwick-like tuning machine angle on some of their models. I love the look of the RetroVibe signature model they did for Davie504, and the NT5 looks fantastic both aesthetically and feature-wise:

Based on what I am looking in to now I am loving that SWB short scale too. Thanks for the tip there.

8 Likes

+1 @howard :grinning: See my post in this thread from May 13 :sunglasses:

I am thinking of taking a trip to London just to be able to test-drive the NT-4/NT-5 :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hah, same pic even :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Jazzbass19 - I LOVE the Thunderbirds. The neck-through is absolutely crucial to the vibe. Don’t go for a bolt on if you want the true experience! Annnd - play them. They have a very signature, focused sound. It doesn’t work for every job or every application but it is spectacular.
It always makes me want to play super loud through a tube guitar head with a pick.

5 Likes