Any updates on the new course?

Hi! My name is Peter and I’m new here. I’m strongly considering pulling the trigger on the Beginner to Badass course, but I wanted to know if there were any updates on the new course? I read somewhere on the site that Josh was working on a new course and was getting feedback from the forum.

Also, any recommendations on a bass between $300-$500 would be greatly appreciated (maybe an updated 2020 recommendations list - I saw the one Josh put together a long time ago). Thanks!

8 Likes

The new course will be an intermediate level course, not a replacement for B2B. You can do the current course without any regrets.

The list Josh put together before still works - all of those are fantastic basses. Yamaha has come out with a couple cheaper models in the TRBX line you chould check out, both of which got “best beginner bass” type accolades when they came out - but really in that price range there’s a whole lot of basses.

A lot depends on what styles you like as well. At the upper end of that range you can pick up excellent mid-level basses like the Ibanez SR500E, Yamaha BB434, Warwick Rockbasses, and Yamaha TRBX504, for example - which all have pretty different characteristics.

Really for an entry level bass in that range I would recommend something like the TRBX304 or Ibanez SR300, which would be closer to the lower end of that range but still be of outstanding quality. But those are very modern basses of a style I like; a lot depends on what styles you like.

14 Likes

Awesome! Thanks @howard, really appreciate it.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @Pcast008,
Enjoy the ride, the current B2b will give you the foundation to expand out in any direction.
I wouldn’t be to worried about what’s next I’d only be worried about getting through the first course :+1:
Cheers Brian

15 Likes

I can’t say enough good things about the first course. It certainly set me on a good path to learning and is a great deal at the money it goes for. I can safely say I wouldn’t be anywhere as near as to the level I am without the course and Josh’s guidance.

10 Likes

Perfect, thank you @b.s.excavations!

I agree. I was just curious to see if the new course was still being put together.

5 Likes

That’s definitely great to hear @Mac. Everyone is pretty much saying great things about B2B. Can’t wait to start!

5 Likes

Can anybody tell me if the B2B course has had any updates at all?
I am not referring to an intermediate course bur rather the B2B course itself.

3 Likes

I’m not aware of any. As far as I can tell, it’s in the can and hasn’t changed since it was initially released. Maybe @JoshFossgreen can add some insight to that?

2 Likes

Be sure to check out Vintage (brand) basses. Great components, excellent build, and not too pricey. I have a VJ74 Re-issue Jazz and it is flawless. At least as good as MIM Fender

2 Likes

I think you posted in the wrong topic :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @Celticstar, it hasn’t been signficantly updated (besides various fixes), but some improvements are in the works! That’s all I’ll say for now, but I’ll let you and everyone else know when things are further along.

6 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

He asked for bass recommendations in the second part of his post.

3 Likes

Sorry about that missed the request in the OP

3 Likes

No problem…I do tend to ramble sometimes

2 Likes