Anybody use an Anthology strap?

They’re the ones who said soft and supple is not better lol. Still, let’s see how it breaks in

Speaking subjectively. My take only. Hope all works out.

If I started a strap company I’d only use the what is…

1 Like

A couple of my favorite straps were stiff at first, and they did indeed break in, kind of like a new pair of shoes. I would think the Anthology is a lifetime strap, but I have never had one, so don’t listen to me.

I’m good with the strap, just not what I was expecting quite. I’m sure it will be fine

I’m pretty sold on synthetic straps at this point. The stretch makes a big difference.

I’ve got a Gruv Gear Solo strap and an Anthology Reticent. I researched the gamut of straps before landing on these two.

I’ve had a lot of guitar straps in my life, and even used a guitar strap when I played bass in the past. No fun. But these days I want any strap I use to disappear tactilely, i.e., keep the instrument stable and cause no pressure or pain after long sessions.

I’ve noticed that the Anthology softens considerably with continued use, no doubt a result of body heat and the weight of the bass. Whatever the cause, the strap has zero stiffness after a session.

Still, as with choices in basses, amps, etc., etc., caveat emptor.