Anyone ever regretted selling a bass?

Yeah the Fusion is mental. Each knob has additional voicing filters and tonal characteristics built in. I also like the tube preamp in the Fusion, it’s actually really well done and a very good/affordable alternative for those all-tube bass heads.

2 Likes

Oh man. I forgot you got a Legacy. How do you like it?

The Legacy is awesome. It still has that distinctive GK tone and are way more portable compared to the chunky original RB’s. If you like the GK sound and you want an amp that ticks all the boxes (headphones, aux-in, etc.) then you might want to check them out.

Right now I am more into Ampeg, but GK (and Fender) amps are for sure my favourites!

2 Likes

Every single one of them. My original Epiphone, my Yamaha… you name it. But each time I’ve sold a bass, I’ve taken a “step up” in my next bass, so it works out better. I still miss the old ones, though.

3 Likes

I sold a Yamaha tbrx304 and an orange p bass. As well as my first bass which was an ibanez gsr180. Theoretically, that ibanez wasn’t my first as I played bass years ago and had an ibanez too, but I don’t really count that.

I’m not too fussed about the orange bass, but in hindsight, if have preferred to keep the Yamaha and the ibanez.

I’ve done this before by selling records when CDs came out. Probably the biggest mistake of my life so I’ve come to the conclusion that I cannot get rid of anything anymore :smiley:

6 Likes

She’s coming home! I don’t know when exactly, but it won’t be long. Rosie is coming home!

Her custom pick guard that Sara made for her awaits.

14 Likes

Whoa!!! The exact same one? Wowsa!
I am seriously contemplating selling 2 basses and buying this bass as well

2 Likes

@PamPurrs

Yaaay! Congrats

3 Likes

I’ve never sold any of my musical instruments (or firearms for that matter). I have however given them to people (kids, grandkids, church worship teams, schools) who I know could use them. I do the same for strings that I have tried and not liked, I give them away to kids who are a little fortunate and love to play music…. One kid in Texas sent me a recording of a soundtrack he put together on his bass with the strings I sent to him and it was just so damn cool - even though it wasn’t my style of music, it still made my eyes leak a bit listening to him play.

I guess when I do this, it’s not like I’m selling anything - just paying it forward….

10 Likes

That’s fantastic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I regret selling this 2005 MIM Fender Standard Precision 60th Anniversary year P-Bass.
It was in really bad shape when I got it. The person I bought it from said it was a storage unit find.
I took it completely apart, cleaned it up really good, upgraded the electronics, and it came out really nice. I sold it to buy my American Pro II Fender P-Bass, but now I’d wish I had kept it.

7 Likes

So… do you rate it higher than the Pro II in some way? (I have got my beady eyes fixed on a Pro II P-bass, but it seems a lot of money for what you get).

3 Likes

To me the pro 2 is my favorite. I love the neck profile. I prefer it over the 2005 I sold. That being said, the 2005 MIM had a thicker neck than the modern C the Players now come with, and it would have made a great backup, especially since total out of pocket cost after upgrading electronics was only $300.

3 Likes

I’m posting in advance. I repaired a 1994 Epiphone Accu Bass. It has new electronics and pickups. The paint is original and it is in great shape. Nothing luxurious but to me it sounds and feels great although the other two are “better”.
I have it up for sale convincing myself I really don’t need three basses but I know in advance I’m going to regret it. I kinda keep my fingers crossed it doesn’t sell.
What do you think?

3 Likes

Why are you asking us? Only you can answer that question.

2 Likes

Sorry if my response seems harsh, but really, if you even have to ask, I wouldn’t sell it.

2 Likes

Yes, Pam. Only I can answer if I should sell it or not. But having the excuse that “people on the BassBuzz Forum” told me to keep it would be great. Just kidding.

2 Likes

I’m not going to advise you should keep it. However, if you have reservations about whether or not you will regret parting with it, I personally would not sell it. That’s just me.

2 Likes

Only a P bass sounds like a P bass. Whether you have other basses or not.

6 Likes

I’m not asking because I don’t know what to do. I asked because I’m curious to hear people’s opinions.

4 Likes