Anyone one in Minneapolis?

If anyone is in Minneapolis I could use a solid. I’m trying to get a rare amp/speaker and the seller is insisting on local pickup. Won’t even let me schedule FedEx with pre-paid label. If anyone could help I’d be eternally grateful.

2 Likes

That’s weird he won’t even let you pay to ship it to you.
I’m getting bad vibes.

1 Like

People are weird. I can always move on lol. It’s not like it’s the only one.

2 Likes

A lot of people don’t want to be hassled with shipping these days, especially with all the problems shippers are having. And a lot of people aren’t leaving the house at all.

2 Likes

I can appreciate that… But he refused to let FedEx pick it up. So he’s refusing to accept the price he asked for and to have someone pick it up as he desired. People like this deserve to be unhappy in life and I’ve already found a grip of leads with people who are much easier to deal with.

2 Likes

OK that is strange. Unless he had a recent bad shipping experience. I’ve had two lost packages recently, they both eventually showed up.

1 Like

There are Scammers that roam things like Offer Up and Craigslist, and say they want to buy it, and will arrange local pick up and have it shipped.
They say they will send you a check and let it clear first, but it is still a scam for sure.
Others do this with Car Decal Advertising, and they send you like way too much money, and have you send some back to them, then they pull the check and you are at a loss of your own money out of the bank.

These scams are not as bad, and don’t get you multi thousands of dollars in debt with your bank, but they kindly take your item, usually a higher dollar bass, from what I have seen (and have had scammers contact me almost immediately after posting a bass above $700), and you are stuck with the money not actually in your bank in the end.

I would actually think this was suspect, if somebody I did not know, from far away wanted to do this, and would only do it if it was THRU Offer Up or Reverb, or Ebay, somewhere you can set it up with buyer and seller protection.

2 Likes

Yep. Somebody scammed my older brother this way.

2 Likes

This is why I only ever buy and sell on sites like eBay and Mercari, with their own payment processing and buyer/seller protection. Scams still happen but are much,. much harder.

2 Likes