Anyone using Band In A Box?

Does anyone here have any experience with the Band In A Box software program? I know it has been around for a very long time. If so would you care to share your thoughts on it and how you use it to improve your bass skills or general musicianship.

I’m thinking of buying it to create some practice tracks.

1 Like

I think @JDDaniel has or does use Band In A Box but it’s not something I’ve seen mentioned much on the BassBuzz forum.

1 Like

I had to look it up as I’d never heard of it. It looks like it can get expensive in a hurry. I watched a YouTube video for the 2021 edition and I felt like I’d be lost immediately; so I’m thinking it might have a pretty hefty learning curve? It does seem to have a decent amount of tutorials from people on YouTube, at least.

2 Likes

Wow, sounds cool! Basically like Scaler 2 hooked up to a good drum VSTi and a rompler for other instruments, with riffs and fills.

Sounds fun, way more interesting than backing tracks anyway.

2 Likes

Band in A Box has been around since the late 1980s.
Was pricey back then and I see that aspect has not changed.

Interesting that they are a Canadian company but their pricing is in US dollars so we get to pay a lot more. Ultimate pack is $669 US or $852 CDN. And they keep telling us to buy local :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @vince.suttle ,
As I am practacing alone its way more fun to have guitars and drums in the background. I’m using the software “Guitar Pro”, loading a song and mute the bass line. There are tons of free songs into internet to download for “Guitar Pro”.

The advantages are, that you get the tabs and tunes for playing with your bass and you are able to modify the speed (bpm). So you are able to practice slowly and speed up as you prefer.

That software is not that expensive. In my opinion its worth every cent.

Cheers
Alex

4 Likes

@Alex_G

I’m using the software “Guitar Pro”, loading a song and mute the bass line. There are tons of free songs into internet to download for “Guitar Pro”.

I actually have Guitar Pro 7.5. I mainly just use it for creating some practice exercise. I have never tried it with full songs.

1 Like

I do the same thing in Reaper. Lay down a drum track. Add piano chords sometimes and off I go.

I like this because it helps you to learn mixing and shows you what is possible in music production. YMMV
Very steep learning curve but it’s worth it.

1 Like

Sorry @eric.kiser, et al, I have no history with Band in a Box.

1 Like