Apps for practicing timing

Hi. Does anyone use apps to practice timing? I would like a recommendation on which one to use. Thank you.

1 Like

Josh does a review on YouTube with different apps with some recommendations. I would link but I am behind a corporate firewall that doesn’t allow access.
Search through the Bassbuzz videos there though and it should come up

3 Likes

Oh thank you. I thought he mentioned recommending some but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’ll try again. :grimacing:

1 Like

Well not an app per se, but a site I’ve built.

Take a look: Grooveful.io - free drum machine to help your practice or just straight up jam (Open Beta)

For apps you can take a look into SBL’s groove trainer: Scotts Bass Lessons | Scotts Bass Lessons

6 Likes

Oh cool Thank you. I’ll check it out. :heart:

2 Likes

I think this is the video @Deidheid was referring to:

6 Likes

That sounds right, he demonstrates how one of the apps can be used to remove the beat randomly, the idea is you continue playing and see if you come back in on time.
Thanks @Mike_NL

4 Likes

Drum machines and drum plugins in the DAW work fine for this too. Put in a pattern, remove some beats.

3 Likes

Whatever you choose to play to, backing track, metronome, drum machine… record yourself so you can listen to it after.

Yousician is also very good for working on timing as it indicates on the screen how your timing was for each note and scores you accordingly.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I don’t know why I couldn’t find that.:roll_eyes::blush:

1 Like

This is an excellent tip. I can’t tell how many times I thought I was hitting everything on time just to discover through the recording that the real story was a bit different

1 Like