Ardour (DAW) anyone?

I know there is a strong Reaper user community in here, and probably as many who use GarageBand (or perhaps Logic) as their go-to DAW…

Then there are a few (I am guessing) who use Ableton (lite), Audacity, and probably a few others (Pro Tools anyone?).

Anyway, what I really wanted to know if anyone is using or has worked with Ardour, which is an open-source DAW?

http://ardour.org/

I only found one brief mentioning here a while ago, but otherwise nothing in this forum.

PS: maybe we should have a quick “survey” to get an idea what the “dominant” DAW is in here!?! Who remembers how to set up these surveys?

3 Likes

It is in the setting icon within the post window, next to the smiley face and calendar.

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t see you make it, so here is a poll for DAW users.

Which DAW do you use to record your audio?
Select ALL that apply,

*if OTHER, write it in the comments so I can add it to the poll
Thank you for your participation

• Ableton
  • Ableton Lite
  • Ardour
  • Audacity
  • GarageBand
  • Logic
  • Pro Tools
  • Reaper
  • Other*

0 voters

3 Likes

Studio One

3 Likes

I’ve been really interested in it, since I run Linux whenever I can. I haven’t dug too deep though.

1 Like

OBS for recording.

3 Likes

A decent DAW for Linux would be nice. Audacity doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

Thanks, @T_dub - I was gonna do, just not then… :smile:

3 Likes

Guess I can not change the poll after the first 5 minutes, so you can check OTHER.

You will have to check Other too, it only allows changing the poll within the first 5 minutes.

:joy: Which is why I wanted to give it more thought before starting it… it’s a rather tricky business to put a good poll together…

Not to worry - we’ll get some information out of it!

3 Likes

I can delete that one and we can start a new one with all the options.
Sorry to jump the gun, I thought you sort of offered it up for the making the way I read your post, and then you put a heart instead of saying Ok, I will do it later.
No big deal, that is just the thought process that happened.
Easy to delete, and a poll can be started in any post in a thread.

2 Likes

I have Studio One installed, but haven’t recorded anything yet :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

tons of other popular choices - Cakewalk/Sonar, Reason, Steinberg/Cubase (probably the biggest one), Studio One, etc

1 Like

Exactly! But, let’s think this through first… I guess one could start with getting an overview over what’s really out there… more than I have heard of, for sure.

Not to worry… I kinda did…

I don’t think we need to delete it here… it is kind of “buried” in this thread in any case… If we go for a real poll on this, we should give it its own thread :smile:

5 Likes

Agreed, I will let you handle it, or when you have the list you want, I can make the poll, either way.

1 Like