Are there headphones that can be plugged directly into a bass?

Does anyone know how these compare to running a pair of quality headphones through the VOX amPlug 2?

1 Like

If you don’t find any @NipperDog I might be willing let my BadAssBassPhones go for an unreasonably inflated price. #noidontactuallyownthesesweetcans

7 Likes

4 Likes

Ya Baby, I’d be styling’ with those cans! Just like I was back in '72!

3 Likes

The only thing I’d change about that setup is the length of the cable. :laughing:

3 Likes

Back in the 80’s when Transformers were popular :robot:

2 Likes

I ordered mine from Sweetwater (backordered) and they finally shipped yesterday. I already have the Zoom B1X Four, which has far more effects and versatility, but I’m interested in the compactness of the Vox VGH cans. Especially since they also accept AUX-In. They’re scheduled to arrive Friday the 4th. More later…

2 Likes

If budget is not an issue, you might want to check these Boss Waza Air headphones out:

3 Likes

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VGHBASS--vox-vgh-bass-guitar-headphones-with-effects

I just purchased these myself. I’m waiting for them to arrive. I’ll keep you posted on how well they work

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure what you mean. The devices are pretty small and whether you are plugging into one of those or plugging straight in, you still have a wire coming out. Not trying to force your hand or anything, just am not sure what you mean.

I personally prefer this route as then I can just whatever headphones I want. I’m a bit fussy about headphones. :slight_smile:

The NUX has Bluetooth for playing along and other cool features.

2 Likes

I just really like the idea of the headphones being completely self-contained. I know they’re not for everyone but that’s what I want.

5 Likes

Same here - I have the Vox amPlug 2, but find it a little quiet with my headphones. Can anyone advise?

What kind of headphones do you have? Some headphones have more Ohm and will need more power to run louder.

1 Like

They are Sennheiser Momentums, on ear type.

Weird. There are some complaints about the wireless being low volume but not this one. There is also a volume control interface on your cable?

No volume control on the cable I’m using, although I do have a spare cable with a volume control on it. I wondered if it was too much impedance, but reading the specs, doesn’t appear to be high enough to cause the quietness.

I have tried a battery change and that doesn’t seem to help either.

The B1 Zoom Bass seems cheap enough and I wonder if any users could advise on its functionality?

The B1four? One of the best gear buys you will find for the money. A ton of decent quality effects, a tuner, a drum machine, and a looper. And great for headphone practice.

I owned both the previous model (B1on) and its big brother (B3n) and both were awesome.

Topic here:

1 Like

If the sound is already low on his VOX Amplug 2 I don’t think it will get much better on a Zoom? That said the Zoom is a very nice piece of entry gear.

Maybe try the spare cable and press the volume up on the controls to see if your volume ceiling is reached?

Considering that I just sold my spare Vox Amplug2 Bass to a guy with a set of the Vox headphones three days ago, I’d say that they compare more favourably. Particularly because of the Drum machine and Metronome…

I’m using mine with some Audio Technica MTX50’s. Plenty loud enough. I had two bass Amplug 2’s and one standard guitar one. All were easily loud enough through these same headphones…