Ask all your silly questions here!

First question… do you have a DAI?

3 Likes

I do @John_E

I have a behringer u-phoria

2 Likes

You can go out the output of the sans amp into input 1 or 2 with a regular old 1/4” cable or if there is an XLR out go into either as well

4 Likes

Cool. Thank you @joergkutter and @John_E

3 Likes

Speaking of Behringer U-Phorias, as mentioned elsewhere I just got a UM2 and got some really good advice from others to run the XLR output from my amp to the input on the UM2.

So here is my silly question: how do they make that one input work for both 1/4" and XLR at the same time? Is it a thing where when you plug an XLR in it, I guess, pushes the 1/4" part deeper into the device or something?

Honestly, I didn’t think an XLR would fit there, or I’d have to pull that 1/4" part out or summat. I was dubious until I plugged the XLR in and it just worked.

3 Likes

You can’t plug both into one combo input.
You can plug either into a combo input.

If you want to plug the two in at once, for your device - XLR to input 1, 1/4" to input 2

2 Likes

Clever contact construction. It really does just fit.

2 Likes

No, that’s not what I was getting at. I couldn’t see how the XLR could fit in the input with the 1/4" jack, I guess, “adapter” in there.

Oooooooh! Now I see! I didn’t notice the three little… notches, I guess, for the XLR prongs.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh
That’s very different.

6 Likes

How long is a piece of string?

4 Likes

Somewhere between a minute and an eon.

3 Likes