B2B Course, Question

Also, as a side note. Do we have a Discord group to chat live and talk about things, or telegram group? Forums are a great source for information and archiving. but a live chat area with sub groups could be interesting for people to talk and get to know each other on in a more dynamic style.

4 Likes

Live chats could be really fun, great idea @Mao

4 Likes

This would be a really good feature, gets my vote

5 Likes

@Mao This is the kind of question that should go to @JoshFossgreen specifically.

Since I included his tag, he will see the message.

4 Likes

We’ve done lots of live hangs on Zoom. We just haven’t done one in awhile.

4 Likes

Zoom could be interesting, but I’m thinking something more fulltime live text typing interface. Granted I’ve only learnt about zoom in this pandemic, I’ve been using telegram and Discord for a few years. But I can also see why maybe @JoshFossgreen wouldn’t want to use a chatroom type of setting due to some of the heated discussions that could come of it a lot faster than can in a forum where you have time to think about what your saying. its one of those 50/50 deals where you either want to jump in or you don’t. Though I’m still Really interested in being able to make custom playlists for the Course for brush ups and exercise drills

2 Likes

A Discord would be cool because people could come and go as they wanted and it would just always be there. The downside is it requires a Discord account (free but yet another online account to juggle), and you would want to prevent rando trolls from joining. Which is also a solved problem but someone would need to manage it.

3 Likes

Super idea @Mao , but i think it is better placed here, maybe :wink:

2 Likes

NO, that is NOT a dsiscussion thread.
Sorry, but @JoshFossgreen has clearly stated that thread is for people to review the course when they finish the course, and to please not have discussions in that thread, so it does not get congested with a bunch of talking.
Reviews ONLY please.

It could go into the B2B suggestion thread, I don’t have time to find the link right not, I am headed out the door, but there is a thread for it, and that one is not it.

But good thinking to get it to one of those other threads about B2B suggestions.

3 Likes

I am with you @T_dub, no dicsussion but i find it a constructive critic concerning finding certain lessons again or mark them as favourites thats why i added the "maybe’ :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @Mao! Good idea, I’ll note it for future upgrades for sure.

Noooo please not that thread, trying to keep that organized for people searching reviews. This is better:

Or just starting a thread is okay too, just make sure to tag me so I catch it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes for sure, if it were placed in the form of a review it could go there,

If it is a suggestion for something to go into the next course, then this would be a good place to move it to. “What would you like to see in the next course”

As far as the discussion about Discord and other types of chat room platforms, I think it would be better Here, in General Forum Questions, or More General forum Questions

and of course, I am not authority here, I am only trying to remind that Josh has asked not to have discussions there.

It is hard as hell for me to not post in that thread. Everytime that somebody finishes and posts a review in there, stating they finished the course, EVERYTHING in my body says “they just finished B2B, congratulate them on their new found basAssness”
And I start typing a reply and then remember not to, and cancel it, Or I even go on to post it, and then realize what I did and delete the post from the thread. it is not easy to not post in that thread

5 Likes

Whoops, you posted at the same time, but yours is the official one.

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, I think a lot of people feel the same urge. I hate having to be a tight-ass about that thread, but I just want to make sure it’s a good resource for people curious about the course, and it’ll become such a mess if there are 20 congrats posts between every actual review.

Maybe I will PM people who post reviews to also post in this thread, so we can properly congratulate them:

4 Likes

Maybe you can set up the @Bassbot to send an auto PM to those that reply in that thread?
It could say
If you just posted a review, pleas post in this thread so your fello forum members can congratulate you.
ANd
If you just congratulated somebody in this thread, please delete it and post the congratulations in this thread

And link it to that thread you just showed.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

4 Likes

@bassbot display help

3 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@bassbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@bassbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@bassbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity. — Og Mandino

@bassbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

2 Likes

HaHahaHa
I love you @Bassbot

4 Likes

@bassbot I want to give you a big wet kiss on your tin lips

4 Likes