B2B Lessons

Hey guys, I found this site because of Josh’s videos on YouTube, and he discussed his Beginner to Badass series. I like the way he teaches, and I imagine his B2B lessons are the same style.

I’ve been around guitars and music for most of my life. I’m not exactly a brand new beginner (although that would probably make it easier for me because I’m having to unlearn bad habits). As Yoda said, “You must unlearn what you have learned.”

My question is, for those that have took the course, how much basics are covered? I know how to tune a bass, know standard tuning, that sort of stuff. My goals for learning bass is to eventually read sheet music, and be able to jam with a group of guys without having my hand held.

I just don’t want to pay for something to find out I already know half the stuff, know what I mean?

6 Likes

Take the course. You won’t regret it. He starts out with the absolute basics but the stuff you described as being stuff you know is all in the very first module. He goes through all the fundamentals of bass technique, reading both tabs and sheet music, the basics of music theory up through diatonic chord progressions, 12-bar blues and so on; the more advanced modules cover things like slap and how to jam with a band. There’s a whole lot to the course.

11 Likes

As @howard said definitely take the course. Yes there are some basics but it doesn’t take long before there’s plenty to get your teeth into

3 Likes

You can find the list of topics covered in the course here: Beginner To Badass: Lessons Overview | BassBuzz.com

5 Likes

I have just recently bought the program. I was kind of worried about the same thing as you are @Sp33dSnakr. The beginning is going to be slow for people who have been playing for a while, but it picks up. I think the way Josh has chunked the lessons up with some theory then playing makes things go a lot better. In the B2B program you get to play along with backing track right away and it isn’t filled with playing and learning scales. I could go on and on, but I won’t. I’m not going to tell you to buy the program because it might not be for everyone, I will just say I am very happy I bought it. I’m really enjoying the lessons and I think it is making me a better bass player. I hope this helps.

6 Likes

I appreciate all the responses.

Probably next paycheck or so, I’ll pick it up. Might even keep a journal/log about my progress and post it on here. Pardon in advance for the expletives. Will try for the 3 month course. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Yeah, screw it, I bought it anyway. Wish me luck.

13 Likes

Perfect attitude, looking forward to seeing you in the Multiple Bass Disorder and the Gear Acquisition Syndrome threads later on :smiley:

Good luck!

7 Likes

Scales are fun, one you start to understand them :wink:

Good luck, you won’t regret it!

3 Likes

Good choice and good luck!

3 Likes

You don’t need any luck!! Enjoy the course.

3 Likes

The course goes from the absolute basics (I had never picked up a musical instrument in my life & at 60 decided to do it, so doesn’t get more basic than that) to very advanced and includes music theory. You can jump in anywhere you feel comfortable so it will definitely be a good course for you or anyone wanting to play bass.

6 Likes

Just purchased the course, hope I’m gonna slap it all the way down the fret! :smile:

3 Likes

Congrats! And have fun!

Up to module 4.4, currently memorizing the fretboard. Josh really does a great job keeping the lessons bitesized and easy to digest. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, no luck, just fun doing it, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Sp33dSnakr

I purchased the course because I was transitioning from 40+ years of 6 string to bass guitar.
After a week or so I decided that I would be better off with an intermediate course, which I believe Josh is working on.
There is a 100% money back guarantee and Josh does honour it.
I had my refund back in the bank within 3 days.
So in summary, you have nothing to lose by taking the B2B course.

3 Likes