B2B Live Hangs

Hmm. Since this is forbidden in many Dutch office environments, and since there have been a few very embarrassing security breaches, I’ve never installed it.

Let me see if I can install it in my sandbox environment.

3 Likes

I’d love to see you there @peterhuppertz

4 Likes

I have trouble enough as it is imagining how you’d be paying money because you hate Microsoft – but would it be an idea to research Google Meet, or do you hate them as well?

I mean, I am aware that people make a religious thing out of this, but if it’s gonna cost you money, we’re crossing a line. :wink:

2 Likes

It’ll depend on our grandsons’ schedules.

2 Likes

I don’t hate Microsoft, I said I hated Skype for what they did to me long before Microsoft bought it. It’s one of those intense hatred things that’s hard to shake.

I’m willing to give Google Meet a go, but need to learn more about it.

I have rescinded my purchase of the upgrade to Zoom for now. We’ll see how it goes today.

2 Likes

Hi Pam, what’s the password.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hey @T_dub,
What’s the log in details for the zoom meeting, I tried the first one Pam had listed?
Cheers b

3 Likes

No password just click the link

3 Likes

Where is the link?

2 Likes

At the beginning of this thread

3 Likes

We had three people on today’s hang: @TNKA36 (Brian), @JerryP (Jerry), and I. It was a lot of fun, and we chatted for 90 minutes. I plan to do more of these. I hope we get more participation, and I hope @JoshFossgreen can drop by.

Here’s a brief clip:

8 Likes

I’m also hoping other people in different parts of the world will also host hangs.

4 Likes

Looking into it.
I missed the hang by 10 minutes. Better luck next time… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@peterhuppertz I don’t think it’s a necessity to install the app. I’m pretty sure you can do it from any web browser.

4 Likes

I am so sorry to have missed this one. My daughter had appointments at the Prosthetic Dr. and Physical Therapy, so I was out running around all day.
I sure hope to make the next one, as I am sure it was a blast.

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen would it be possible to change the title of this thread to “B2B Hangs” (or something like that), so other people can use this same thread to post their upcoming hangs?

4 Likes

Sounds like you all had a great meeting! Sorry I cannot join in, but I have no high speed internet out here where I live and all connectivity is through data on my phone.

A great thing you are doing here @PamPurrs!! Anything to keep people interested and involved in music is a good thing. I see too many people putting music aside once they make it through B2B for one reason or another, but from what I see, the main reason is that they have no idea of what to do next in their musical journey. Your Zoom meetings is a great tool to discuss things like this and keep people interested.

BZ Pam!
Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

As the topic creator, you can do that yourself.
Scroll up to the top, and hit the pencil next to the topic title:

… aaand…

3 Likes

@Lanny thanks but I can’t take credit. It was @T_dub s idea, I just ran with it.

5 Likes

Thanks @peterhuppertz. I’ll give that a shot.

3 Likes