B2B Live Hangs

Agree @T_dub… This was the main concept I had in creating a new website. It helps take a person one step farther in creating music… Being able to put the skill to use is a big first step after completing the course, and also learning how to record, mix, and create are great tools…

Over the weeks I have witnessed this growth and development in @TNKA36 Brian even though he has a solid musical background, making covers of songs has helped him not only get better as a musician, but has also helped develop his ear in recording and mixing…

Using something like live meetings along with an actual site to practice developing the new learned skills is invaluable… Sure would have been much easier if Brian and I would have done that instead of phone calls with bad reception😄.

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Love it @Lanny.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I am loving you’re support and guidance in helping me to be all I can be @Lanny,
Bill, it’s not that hard to reach out, a little self belief and someone to point you in the right direction is all it takes.
I’m am loving the whole experience, I have a mentor, a new mate/ bro whatever, we are all here to help each other and I am certainly grateful for the opportunity.
Thank you.
Brian

5 Likes

Hey Basskateers (as Josh would say), let me see how many would be interested in a live hang next Wednesday at 1900 UTC? I can be slightly flexible on the time if anyone would be better at a different time.

4 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs Wednesday at 7pm UTC should be ok for me. Cheers👍

3 Likes

just one quick word to explain why you won’t see me at those events :

• Zoom doesn’t work well at all here (low internet connectivity)
  • I don’t like this kind of thing because there is a delay, so I never know when it’s “my turn” to speak
  • I don’t speak a 100% fluent english (yeah maybe 95%, might be enough … but I’m not confident with this ; I have a real problem with all the language barrier thing ; I know it’s all in my head but it’s here anyway !)
8 Likes

@terb completely understood. We would love for you to join us, but understand why you would not want to.

5 Likes

@terb, just give it a try. You can just hang out and listen :wink:

4 Likes

I am pretty sure that’s 5.00am local time in Melbourne,
Is this 2.00pm in Phoenix?
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

That would be 1200 in Phoenix. We are UTC -7. Melbourne is UTC +10, so it would be 0500 in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Thanks Pam, see ya all there​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Good, that’s 3 of us so far. I’ll set it up.

4 Likes

1 - you can call in, and be connected voice only. Your phone number will show up in your blacked out square (that the rest of us can see), but the host can change your phone number to read “Terb” for the rest of us to see.

2 - These are usually quite tame, it is not a war to speak, and it is not the mess you may think it is in your head, OR, being that you are connected thru phone only, you can just hide out and listen. Either way, I think we rather you be there, listening mostly, or only rather then not being there at all.

And
3 - English is not your native tongue, and you only speak 90% or so? You have at least one other language, your native tongue that you speak 100%?
I have one language, and I speak probably 80%, so you probably speak it better then I do, so, even tho you may be not so confident, I assure you that you would fit in just fine.
And again, we rather have you there then not, just because, well, you are one of us.

I would like to invite you to join thru phone, and just listen, and then you can make judgement, and if you choose not to participate, or join again, that is cool, however, I think you will find what a good time it is and can be, and will learn to enjoy it.

Much like joining a forum, it can be intimidating, but once you break thru, make a post to introduce yourself, your get a warm welcome and soon feel right at home. These Zoom meet ups are much the same in that aspect.

Hope to “HEAR” your silence there next Wed. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve scheduled a live hang for this coming Wednesday, Aug 5th at 1900 UTC
Please let me know if you plan to be on it.

I’m thinking of discussing the simple method I use to quickly identify Key signatures without even thinking about it. Would anyone be interested in that?

Topic: Pam’s B2B Hang
Time: Aug 5, 2020 12:00 PM Arizona

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3050126711?pwd=Um02NnBMYktTY1FYVjhJd01kdGd0Zz09

Meeting ID: 305 012 6711
Passcode: 4YQ6wT

4 Likes

Sounds good @PamPurrs.
I’d be interested in learning about that.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I’ll be there @PamPurrs :heavy_check_mark:

4 Likes

I will try my hardest to make it. If I am not busy with Dr’s, I am there. L And the topic sounds great. Thanks, @PamPurrs

4 Likes

Just a friendly reminder: I have a live hang scheduled for tomorrow (8.5.20) at 1900 UTC. I hope to see lots of you there.

3 Likes

Looking forward to hanging with ya all.:+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@TNKA36 I’m looking forward to your brilliant smile Brian.

4 Likes