B2B progress question

17 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

NSLC, One of my favorite tourist spots when I visit my wife’s family!

Maybe try slowing the video speed down.

1 Like

That’ll sell! :rofl:

1 Like

@PamPurrs I would absolutely buy a general B2B, or BassBuzz shirt. How do we get Josh to make a line of Tshirts?!

1 Like

There was a thread about that a year or so ago, but nothing ever came of it.

Josh could run a whole new clothing and accessory line. Guitar straps with logos, picks, insert 100 other accessory ideas here:

Maybe even just a couple times a year if he doesn’t want it to change the brand image too much.

2 Likes

I run the intro at .75 too. Next, I pause the lesson and practice the tab. THEN I run the lesson at .75
Slow practice .75; when I got that, I go to full, etc. You can always do slow at 1.25 before going to medium. Depending on the lesson, sometimes medium at 1.25 is the same as the fast.
Take smaller bites and slow down if you need to, plus remember; any time you’re struggling means that you’re on the edge of a breakthrough!

2 Likes

I’ve just finished module 5, after some frustration with Billie Jean, then the early workouts of module 5 (interval workouts), I was feeling slightly defeated. Did my best with the workouts, got ok at slow and maybe 50% accurate med and fast. Remainder of module 5 was legit my speed. Didn’t really struggle for the rest. Gimme Some Lovin is a song I’ve been looking forward to playing, was waiting to tackle it in the module before attempting full shebang.

Biggest issue I identified was complexity of Billie Jean and interval workouts. Faster tempos, more complicated notes, and differing notes in different bars. I will definitely be revisiting later, but those are for sure stretch lessons.

3 Likes

I want one.

2 Likes

I took a bit of break from it to clear my head. Most of the way through lesson 5 now. Much better.

4 Likes

This seems like the most appropriate existing thread to post this question. Here lately my B2B course has been lagging a lot. I’ve been steadily going at the course now for about 3 or 4 months. Up until about a month ago, when I used to check the complete box and navigate to the next lesson it was instant. Now when I click the complete box it lags for several seconds before showing up and when I advance lessons it buffers for a while before moving on. Same computer, same browser (updated), same internet, no other external factors are any different to my knowledge. Anyone else experiencing significant website lag?

1 Like

Not with the course (as I haven’t been doing lessons for a while), but I did have a noticeable lag with the forums in mid-January. After a restart of my computer, it seems to have fixed that. But I am one who just leaves my computer on, sleeping then waking it, vs. turning it off. Probably not the best thing to do, but has worked for me. My computer is now 12 years old, and has had only one repair during that time - replacing the graphics card when it stopped working. I got a better one, and life is good.

But all that is not to say that there may be something going on with the BassBuzz site that may affect certain computers more than others. There was a notice a couple of weeks ago that they were doing some type of upgrade to the site. Perhaps something they did does not agree with your setup.

3 Likes

I noticed that the lessons were slow loading since the server update. Last night they were actually freezing and I’m 100% blaming that for getting off rhythm.

2 Likes

Ive been repeating some lessons recently and have noticed the same behaviour. Click the lesson complete box, go make a sandwich…

2 Likes

Hey y’all! Yes, website speed improvements are still in progress since the site update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

8 Likes

Just a quick update on my end, videos are loading much better recently and now I only have much lack of rhythm to blame for getting out of time.

3 Likes

Same here, all seems back to normal.

1 Like

There is a lot of talk on here about struggles with Billie Jean at full tempo, and I share in everyone’s sentiments. But Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag made me want to throw my bass across the room for the first time in the entire course. Even after walking away and coming back refreshed I still just couldn’t get it for the longest time. Still not super comfortable with it at full tempo. Seems like the jump from medium to regular speed is a huge leap. I’m curious to know if anyone else thought PGABNB was a bigger stretch lesson than Billie Jean.

3 Likes