Hey bass buzz babies, I started taking my lessons and life unfortunately got in the way, and I stopped for a few months. Do you suggest picking up where I left off or starting from the beginning? I was about to begin module 5, so I wasn’t too deep in, yet.
I had a long pause in about the same place. It was fine for me to pick up where I left off, but I did go back and review a couple lessons. In my case, I wanted to rebuild fundamentals like hitting the frets without buzz and chugging speed. None of this was crucial, but it felt helpful at the time. Probably would’ve come back if I’d only jumped back in. Instead, I added some drills that I still use, and believe that’s made me stronger overall. Mostly, I proceeded normally, but slowed down until I got better, and allowed myself to repeat one of the workouts if I really struggled (or if I liked it enough that I wanted it more dialed).
I also refreshed a couple lessons that I noticed I hadn’t carried forward–for me those were fretboard note naming and sheet music. Any of the lessons I wanted to review I added bookmarks so I can find them easily.
You’re not too terribly far, so starting over may be good if you’re very new and need or want refreshers on holding, fretting, plucking, muting, etc. You can try just hitting the full workouts (or whatever level of workout you were able to hit before moving on before) and if you have trouble, to back up a bit.