Backward step

That only ever happened if the smoke got at the back of my glasses lenses. Rather eye watering then !
I was terrible @PamPurrs. I swear if I could have gotten away with it I would have had a cigarette permanently in my mouth :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah Bun E. Carlos was famous for it. He eventually quit but that was his trademark for decades.

Apparently he’s the nicest guy in rock, too.

3 Likes

10 Euros’s per pack? Man. Australian smokers DREAM about those days. That’s 16 Australian dollars per pack.
By the end of 2020, the 12 percent increase will bring the average packet of smokes up to 50 dollars a day. That’s 30 euros and 77 cents per day.
AUS$18,250 or 11,224.1€ per year.

Talk about burning money.

4 Likes

I wasn’t quite as bad as that especially as I rolled my own. However even $13 a day seems bloody obscene.

3 Likes

That’s a set of high quality bass strings a day :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ouch!

5 Likes

… or a new bass every month

4 Likes

Need more storage :grimacing:
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You’re really not helping here @PamPurrs :joy:

4 Likes

Went to the grocery the other day and saw here in AZ, they’re almost 9 bucks! That’s insane.

I’m glad I quit and will always try to assist anyone quit by listening and encouraging them.

5 Likes

Well I’m still off of the cigarettes ( hence the arrival of the Squier Mustang soon) and although I do still get the odd urge I’m managing to fight them.
My biggest weakness has always been cigars and I caved and smoked a small one a few days ago. Never again! I spent a couple of hours throwing up and felt like I’d been hit by a freight train the day after. So it looks like my dalliance with tobacco is over

7 Likes

Update.
Well after a change of meds yet again the cocktail prescribed put me in a dark dark place where if it wasn’t for the fact I’m not brave enough I wouldn’t be here. Luckily I got the telephone and one to one support needed and an immediate change in meds resulting in a stabilisation in my mind.
The downside is I’m smoking again I’m ashamed to say. I will stop again one day but now is not the right time

8 Likes

it must be a very hardcore cocktail :frowning: sorry to read that

3 Likes

Sounds like a rough patch you’re going through there @Mac. Glad to read you got the support you needed when you needed it.

2 Likes

Thank you both. I’m very touched by thoughts.
It’s a lithium, antinightmare, sleeping tablet and full on antidepressant mixture @ terb. And very high dosage 1000mg of lithium etc etc
And I have a great family and a good friend of my wife’s who has been fantastic @Mike_NL

4 Likes

Ugh, that is tough to hear, @Mac!

You mentioned you were on lithium… that is superhard to dose right; the therapeutic window is extremely narrow with this, and if you are not inside, the consequences can indeed, be fatal.

I sure hope they can find a better suited medication for you! The real challenge here is, one the one hand, that we are all different as people (in our biochemistry), and on the other hand, that the doctors probably and unfortunately are doing some “trial and error” here… :frowning_face:

EDIT: ah, had typed this while your other reply came in…

4 Likes

Sounds like an awfully heavy-duty mixture, @Mac . . . :frowning:

Best of luck to you . . . hang in there!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Mac. I hope everything turns out okay

3 Likes

:heart:

As I see it, and with an immediate member in my family in a very similar condition, you’re the brave one for staying! Not the other way around.

I’m sorry you have to deal with this. My thoughts are with you. All the best!

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about this @Mac you are in our thoughts and prayers. If need anyone to talk to bro you have my number

5 Likes