Backward step

Buddy you ain’t kidding.

4 Likes

Hell yeah!
Sorry to hear about your parents though @howard

3 Likes

No worries! It’s been a while, and they would both approve of being used as a cautionary tale here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

HAHAHA, yeah, tell me about it, I have come up with all sorts of money for in all sorts of ways to keep addiction going, cuz, well, you have to.

2 Likes

I’m hearing ya brother!

2 Likes

Lol, that’s how much they were right before I finally successfully quit. When I went to buy a pack and they had gone up to $1.00 that’s when I quit for good. They were around 40 cents a pack when I first started.

3 Likes

Back to the topic: I’m glad to hear @Mac is kicking cigarettes, and yes the withdrawal symptoms could be affecting his concentration on the bass.

2 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs

2 Likes

That’s when I found out I had cancer in my brain.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear that @kefta4ever
How are you now ?

1 Like

@Mac I have those days all the time and @T_dub is right meds or any changes in stress can have an effect. Last night I was working on Pink Floyd’s Money, and I had it good until I turned the camera on then I messed it up. After hours of practice I said hey it is time to put this down for the night and hit it again the next day. Sometimes just taking a break can benefit your playing. You are in my thoughts and prayer man.

5 Likes

It’s amazing what happens in your brain while you are sleeping. Whatever you had in your conscious mind when you went to bed (learning a song), will be solved by your subconscious mind while you are asleep. You wake up, and it’s like a miracle! :guitar:

5 Likes

@PamPurrs that’s right sometimes rest is the best answer to figuring out a song

5 Likes

Thank you @LesterH

3 Likes

I quit December 26, 2018. It took a long time to do and many failed attempts, but I haven’t had one since. I did it cold turkey, which was easier this time than it had been when I tried several times before.

I miss it sometimes, but the thought usually lasts for a second and is gone as quickly as it came.

5 Likes

@Mac you’re welcome. I am a disabled veteran and suffer from PTSD which in turn led to medications. I have found that the meds can mess with me a lot when they change them up. Sometimes it can take a week or two on meds before I feel a sense of normalcy. Just hang in there brother it will come soon enough.

4 Likes

I do miss smoking occasionally @architecht13.
More of a habit or a ritual than anything else.

PTSD is one of the things I’m being treated for atm @LesterH.
And thank you for your service

3 Likes

I had a friend who had trouble driving after quitting. His thing was that he had a ritual where every time he got in the car, he lit up before taking off. Taking that away completely messed with him.

3 Likes

WOW! @howard
My biggest issue is the first coffee in the morning and when I’m playing bass. Always had a smoke in my mouth when I played even if it had gone out :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I’ve often wondered how musicians perform while smoking, especially with a burning cigarette hanging out of their mouths (Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos comes to mind). I would think the smoke would irritate their eyes.

3 Likes