BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

I can help you with that

3 Likes

Yeah, I have played with Brian and Lanny’s suggestions a little, by playing with the EQ frequencies. It just seems to not sound so great.
I was looking at some apps to split the songs, and downloaded the Neuro app or something like that, just have not tried it on my Imac yet. I think it is the same app that was talked about in this forum a few months back, and I tried it on my iPad, and the results were…ehhh. but GB on my iPad was harder to figure out then it is on my Imac too.

what suggestions do you have for this?

1 Like

It was izotope’s rx7. I even made some demos for it. Tell me a song you’d like to give a try and i’ll show you the end result

3 Likes

Hey Toby, @T_dub,
I just thought you had left an opening for me to jump back onto “are friends electric” when you posted about “black dog” .
Don’t worry about me, I have another 3 covers done in the time you have been thinking about how to get GB working?
Maybe you are trying to be to perfect with the fade out track, increasing your bass volume will allow for a diminishing of the audio bass track in the song ?
None of my covers are perfect, I have made different mistakes as I’ve gone along, but I’ve also made a lot of improvements in my processing as well.
That’s the most important thing is trying different things to improve your sound reproduction, every audio track you put into GB has been recorded & mixed by different people who hear different things or are looking for a different sound, then you as a cover artist have to mix your bass track with the audio based on what you hear and like the sound of?
It’s trial and error.
One of the 3 covers I’ve just finished I recorded using 2 different basses, just to see what the sound would be like? I used a 1960s Harmony H22 semi hollowed body for one track and the 1979 Fender P for the other, when I post it onto @Lanny website I will let you know and you can check the difference out👍
I will put a link in the post your covers thread👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Actually @T_dub, it’s the same process that many others here who post covers use. I think @terb even posted the “How To” in a post a little over a year ago when he started the covers page. Every song is a bit different when removing (or better stated - lowering) frequencies in specific ranges. Like most other things, once you get use to doing it numerous times after recording numerous covers, you kinda get better at doing it…

5 Likes

This

4 Likes

I wish it was all because I was trying to get GB working. Even tho I recently got the Imac and the right equipment to record, I have been dealing with things a bit more important, like where my daughter is going to live since she just got out of the assisted living place she was at, insurance ran out, and where we are both going to be living, and getting her a temporary spot, and looking for a permanent spot for us both, and that is just one aspect to things.

That Spicoli quote was meant as a joke as well.

I will get recordings up, and am eager, anxious and excited to do so, but I also have to prioritize, and when things are new, and not completely set up, every time you get back to the computer, back to GB, back to importing a track, back to any of it, it is like starting out over again. I do know once I get one going, it will be easy to come back to things and jump into the mix instead of dancing around the outside, trying to work my way into it.

I am willing to do “are friends electric” I have played thru it quite a few times now, and other then it dragging out a little, with the bass drowning out a little thru the song, and it switching up while it is muffled a bit, so it is hard to pick up where exactly to make the change, I am pretty well good to go.
Plus the track that I do need to re-import the song to a fresh track and start over, cuz I got the EQ settings all messy, and am not getting back with it.

But what I mean to be saying with all that is, if you want to do the song, please, don’t let me stop you, I have plenty of other songs lined up to do, just need to get there.

@gcancella
“Are my friends Electric” by, I forgot who, I will look it up (TubeWay Army)
“Myage” by The Decendents
“Date Rape” by Sublime
“Paranoid” and “NIB” by Black Sabbath.

5 Likes

No problems Toby, @T_dub,
I agree 100 percent family comes first👍
I’m sure you will get everything sorted :sunglasses:
Good luck with all the stuff going on👍
Tubeway army/ Gary Numan recorded “are friends electric”
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

That was it, thanks Brian :wink:

3 Likes

Yep. Family always comes first.

5 Likes

Here you go!

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Sweet, thanks

Question, is there a way to drop this in a track into the GB, and drop this in, and sync them so that the song starts and the song without bass can start at the same time, so I can play to the bass intro so my timing is right leading into the song, then when I export it, I can just mute the track that has bass?

This is not an issue for most songs, but for Myage by the dependents, it is a BASS INTRO

2 Likes

I finished yesterday after starting on May 17. Josh is letting me walk in the graduation ceremony, but I definitely have some coursework to catch up on to get my degree.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Awesome, great work

5 Likes

Would that coursework have anything to do with a girl with the initials B.J. ?

Congratulations on finishing the course @JimP

4 Likes

@JimP Congratulation!

Me too. I’m about to start another round of going through the course.

4 Likes

She’ll get her chance to vex me again when her turn comes as I make my way through the course a second time. I’ve ghosted her since that module ended. (Checks with daughter to make sure he used ghosted correctly.)

5 Likes

Nice. :rofl:

3 Likes

Well I can now say I have joined the distinguished Alumni of the B2B😎
Just completed the course after starting out in April 2020👍
I probably could have completed earlier, but I was having to much fun on the forum, meeting really cool helpful people who share the same passion.
Oh and making covers, I now have 20 on “The band of many names” thanks go to Bill @Lanny for his guidance in getting my shit together with the recording stuff👍
Thank you all for your friendship and sharing all the great things we all have in our lives👍
And a big thank you to Josh @JoshFossgreen for putting this great course together for us all to enjoy and develop our musical skills.
Cheers Brian

13 Likes