BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congratulations @Nebel !

3 Likes

Congratulations @Nebel !

3 Likes

@MikeC @JerryP @eric.kiser thanks guys. Iā€™m glad and sad at the same time.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure everybody feels that. I still feel it.

3 Likes

Woo hoo. I just finished the final exam hard exercises today. 64 days. Jan 1st to Mar 4th. As a nice little graduation gift Iā€™ve got my first real instrument (other than my Ibanez GSR320 starter bass from 15 years ago) being setup at the music store as we speak. Itā€™s a Schecter C4 GT and it feels amazing.

9 Likes

Congratulations @Jacob !

3 Likes

Congratulations @Jacob !

3 Likes

Dennis, december 2023 :metal: started on may 6 2023

7 Likes

Congratulations @qenden !

3 Likes

Good for you, brutha. Congrats.

4 Likes

Congratulations @qenden !

3 Likes

Finished the course on the 24th of may 2024, now that i have the basics down things are gonna get tough but i have you guys for support. :DD

7 Likes

Congrats, man. Youā€™ve come to the right place. These guys are awesome. I finished beginning of March this year and Iā€™ve learned a lot from this forum. I think it gets better after getting the basics down. I went from complete noob to being able to explore with more confidence and learn faster after the course. It really made bass accessible to me. Everybodyā€™s different but I found that after the course it helped to sit down and be intentional when thinking about how you want to practice and what you want to learn next. I do a mix of practice and messing around. That way it keeps it fun and youā€™re still making progress and getting better. Currently, Iā€™m practicing pick technique (Iā€™m awful at it so I consider that the bass meat/work) and slap technique and Iā€™m building a play library/learning different songs (the bass pudding/play). Both help me get better and the balance doesnā€™t burn me out. There are good videos with tabs on Youtube (Samboat has a few hundred songs and he arranges them by difficulty). Good luck continuing your bass journey. Keep putting in time on your instrument and having fun.

5 Likes

Congratulations @harrison-layton :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations @harrison-layton !

1 Like

Graduated B2B May 16, 2024-- I started in November 2023.

I was serious about the program but took my time, especially in the second half. The lessons definitely got more complex and I didnā€™t want to skimp.

Trying to decide if I should roll over to TalkingBass for more instruction, or just do all the lessons I saved to a playlist in YouTube but never got around to watching?

TalkingBass is probably the better bet. There would be a method to my madness at least. Been playing with the church worship band for a few months and itā€™s been great. I had a little prior music experience on keys and bass from my youth so that helped a little. Hereā€™s hoping that @JoshFossgreen does another course someday. Heā€™s the best! There is no one like him!

10 Likes

Congrats! Talking bass has a lot of great content, very worth the effort after B2B imo. If I might make a suggestion though, find some music that you love and play it for a little bit before heading back into more course work.

5 Likes

Great tip. Thank you!

3 Likes

Congratulations @bdumais15 !

2 Likes

Congratulations, @bdumais15. It is indeed an achievement to finish B2B. You also have the benefit of playing live, which is great.

I wish Josh would put out a new course, but heā€™s busy creating YT content, and, has been previously discussed, a beginner course based on fundamentals is easier to build and focus on as opposed to the vast variety of theory and technique courses offered by others, like Talking Bass.

Speaking of which, TB courses are excellent. However, they are not ā€œfunā€ like B2B; they are serious and require students to commit and practice the material on their own.

But keep in mind that learning bass is not an ā€œeither-orā€ situation; itā€™s an ā€œandā€ experience. So try to study courses, practice a lot, AND play what you love. Learning might be work, but the more you know, the more you play. And thatā€™s where the fun is.

5 Likes