Band Mix

Anyone here use BandMix to link with other musicians? I created my profile here and it has done wonders to connect with other bands and musicians.

4 Likes

@bsickels Hey, thanks! :slight_smile: I’m hoping to get good enough to once again join a 70’s cover band, and will save this link for the future. Looks like a great idea, too!

Wishing you good luck in your own search!

All best, Joe

2 Likes

I’ve heard of it (it’s been around a long time I think?), but never actually used it, that’s great it’s helped you actually connect with people!

3 Likes

I’m resurrecting this thread because I’m curious about Bandmix myself. I’ve been on it as a free member for about 8 months, and have had some people look at my profile, but I think in order to connect with potential band mates, you have to be a paid member. I’m just wondering if it would be worth it. Does anyone here know?
Here’s my profile

3 Likes

Good for you, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :+1:

You have lots of enthusiasm and are really into the music scene :wink:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

I just want to give it a try. Perhaps I won’t even like it, but I’ll never know if I don’t try.

2 Likes

@PamPurrs

Hey Pam: I typically use my local Craigslist/Musicians to try and find people for a band-
However, I recently tried Bandmix as a source. Unfortunately no luck with it yet. In order for me to send direct messages to people, I had to sign up for the monthly rate. I think I tried it for a couple of months and recently cancelled the premium acct. since I did not have any success. But at least in my area, there does seem to be quite a few musicians with accounts on the site. (and its a great way to see what other local people are doing, what instruments they play and also listen to their music samples if they have anything posted, etc.)
Good Luck- hopefully you can connect with some people near you!

2 Likes

Very cool, Pam! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

1 Like