Bass bash

I just bought my tickets to Bass Bash. I am very excited, although I don’t know what to expect. I feel very lucky to live close by the event.

2 Likes

Wow, cool! I’ve never actually made it out to an event like that, so I don’t know what you should expect either! Let us know how it goes! Looks like there are some dope artists to check out. I see Bob Franceschini is playing sax with Mike Pope’s band, I love his playing.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to it! A night of Bass, what could be better!

2 Likes

Well, Bass Bash was a blast! It gave me a entirely new perspective on bass. The venue was terrific, parking was easy so it provided a smooth start! This was an event where bass took center stage. Yes, the bass player may drive a truck while the lead guitar player drives a red Corvette but on Friday night the bass was king!
It started off with Ariel Garcia playing a vintage jazz bass and playing it like a lead guitar. It was wonderful jazz. His group had a guitar, drums and Keys.
He was followed by Doug Johns and things got even better. With a larger group that had a sax, trumpet 2 key boards, drums another bass player and guitar player. It was a much larger sound, but the bass was up front. At one point the rest of the band left and Doug played the bass alone and it was great!
The Brandon Brown Collective was the last group that I stayed to see. It was also my favorite. There were 2 more performers but, at my age it was time for bed. Maybe it was the Motown/Funk that Brandon Brown played which is my type of music. It also could have been the 12 piece group with 3 singers. However, I believe it was the way he played and his tone. He also played a more traditional bass that drove the music, which I prefer. Now don’t get me wrong, he was a busy bass player, after all it was bass bash! The entire audience was up and dancing. and Just when I thought that it couldn’t get any better, Victor Wooten came in and sat right next to my wife and I!
Over all it was a great night. I feel very lucky to live so close to the NAMM Show which it the catalyst for events like this.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Nicholas! That’s awesome you had a Wooten run-in unexpectedly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeaaah! Thanks a ton for the report. That’s super killer.

1 Like

Thanks Guys! It was fun!

2 Likes