Bass Buzzers in a Band or Self Produce

Just curious, who we have in a band (cover or original) or who self produces their own music? Is there a way we can support each other, help get our music out to others, give advice etc… as far as I know, and no offense if I left you out, @Gio, @howard @Tokyo_Rat fall into here. Who else, and lets help each other out!

6 Likes

For instance, we have almost 300 followers (not much, but ears are ears) on some of our social accounts. We could give a shout out to a single that was released, or album etc…if a band has a show, say if you are in this area go see them etc…

6 Likes

wow got me grouped with some high steppin company…I don’t know that I’ll ever play out again but as vain as it sounds I do check sound cloud and youtube daily to see if someone else besides me that has listened to a song I posted. I’m sure my standard rich and famous contract got lost in the mail somewhere. Everyone that is on this page that posted up a soundcloud post I went out and followed you months ago. In a community like this, its a little south of cool not to. Thanks @kerushlow for bringing it up.

3 Likes

There’s a pretty vast gap there between what @Gio is doing and what I am doing :slight_smile:

This is a cool idea though! I love the idea of helping each other out in this way. It will be especially great for my bandmate and I once we start doing originals again.

There’s definitely a bunch of others; I’ll let them add themselves :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a big difference between what The Foo Fighters do and Soften the Glare. The quality of music doesn’t lay in its technical aspects or complexity, but in the feel, expression and groove. If you play a song with 2 chords and 8th notes, but have a nice melody over it and someone relates to it, it’s just as viable as the absurdest of technical Prog.

I dig what Gio does, and dig what you do. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I play in a band, all original material and we have recorded the base tracks for four songs in a studio, but they are far from finished. And, due to a number of circumstances, I somehow doubt that they’ll ever be finished… at least in a form where the band would feel that they sound the way we want them to.

So, I think we’ll slowly but surely gravitate towards self-production. Having been to a studio was a great experience, and I learned a lot, but I feel that I would prefer authenticity and feel including the odd “imperfection” here and there, as opposed to trying to achieve something more “perfect” but which sounds artificial somehow.

6 Likes

I understand that @joergkutter . home studio / home recording is a school by itself, and even if the result will hardly be at the same level than what pro studio produce, it’s still greatly rewarding. and it still can sound really good anyway.

3 Likes

:smirk: I’m in a band (my own, as I’m one of the founders) and have been asked to join another but that’s not on bass, only as a singer. As my bass playing is still young and I’m taking my time for the course.
I’ve recorded in a studio and life several gigs before as a singer as well. Only recorded practicing myself and the band, never meant to be used as recorded music. As it takes to much time to produce any track myself.
Besides our bandrehearsel place has a recording studio next to it. And a soundengineer / producer who knows how to keep a life sound in the studio. It took some time to work that out, but that was and is part of the fun.

Just to add, I play cover and originals.

3 Likes

Nice. For anyone here, you can post links to anything you might have released here, or direct to a place on the site you have done that before. Then I’ll get with my band, see if we can’t promote a bit on our platform.

2 Likes

I hope as soon as studiotime is allowed :joy:

I used to be in a band a long time ago and now I’m back in another one which is really coming along now. There are 4 of us, so drums, bass, synth, guitar and everyone but me sings too so we have quite a few vocal options. I’ve posted an early version of a track on here but it needs updating as we’re trying to get 8 tracks together at the moment. I’d say we have 3, maybe 4 that we could play live at the moment. The guitarist/main composer doesn’t want to share anything until they’re all finished, but the way we’re going at the moment (practicing pretty much every other day live and every other day everyone is soloing their practice). We have a really good feeling about it at the moment and the energy is totally real! Last night we played for 6 hours straight ffs :slight_smile:

We have a zoom gig next week which should be a laugh and once we polish off a few more tracks I reckon we’ll be in a position to release something.

Hopefully!

Literally cannot stop playing the bass at the moment.

4 Likes

This is all Josh’s fault by the way :smiley:

1 Like

@quadfather some day he’ll have to answer for all that he has done :rofl:

2 Likes

@Mike_NL

Haha, it’s like that sketch out of Peep show, “are we the baddies?” :joy:

1 Like