Bass Case Deal

Hope I’m not breaking a forum rule for this, but I’ve been looking for a hard case for a few weeks now and this is the best one I’ve seen. Finally going to pull the trigger myself. Figured I’d let my bass clan know as well. Deal is good through 12/4/19.

ABS Bass Case $49.99

Also side-note, Musician’s Friend’s normal Stupid Deal of the Day, is actually Stupid Deal of the HOUR today till 6:00 PM PT to help fuel anyone’s GAS. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for that info @ChrisThomason. That deal is too good to pass up. I’m all over it!

2 Likes

Mine was just delivered and Rose fits in it perfectly.
Now, next time Flea calls and asks me to fill in for him at a gig, I won’t have to say no because I don’t have a case.

7 Likes

is the quality OK ? the price is amazing !

2 Likes

Yes, surprisingly good quality. Nice hard shell. good interior.

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! I haven’t got mine yet so, hopefully Flea holds off till then for me. :rofl:

The deal was so good I end up getting two. I couldn’t pass it up just in the off chance I ever end up needing both my P & J at the same time.

How’s the fit? I know some have said that their bass moves a bit since its not molded for universal body shape use. The fat bottom gal that Rose is (always a plus) seems to be pleasantly snug however. I know I plan to (because I take care of my stuff to crazy high levels. Like unnecessarily high. lol) cut some XPS foam to fill in some of the gaps if need be to make sure that they don’t move.

2 Likes

She fits great. I have had problems buying used cases because every time I find one, she won’t fit in it because her wide neck (5 String). This one is perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw one of the reviewers posted a pic of their 6 string fitting. Well none the less glad it worked out for you and anyone else willing to take the plunge before the deal ends in 9.5 hours.

2 Likes

Well geez I guess waiting for that stupid deal of the hour really cost me when it comes to shipping times. So I placed the order last Tuesday and it said it should be here today. Well checked just now and now they are saying Thursday. :expressionless:

1 Like

Well, that’s rough… brutal even… :cry:

My friend has been waiting for his bass for four months now and it is still anybody’s guess when he’ll get it!

So, pull yourself together and take it like a man :grin:

2 Likes

:astonished: Is this bass coming from overseas? Cuz that’s beyond insane if not.

Haha yeah. I’m just messing around. Honestly I was blown away by how quickly @PamPurrs got her’s, based on the time of year. I have a very good friend who works for the post office so I know what realistic expectations are. I’m not upset in the least with its current status. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, kinda… UK - by way of India…

It’s not really custom-made, but it sure feels like it :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Mine came from California and I’m in the next state over, Arizona. That’s probably why I got it so soon

2 Likes

My offer to deliver it personally still stands :wink: but I may not be able to make it over after January 31st :disappointed_relieved:

(a Europeans’ joke about us Brits).

2 Likes

You’re a rock, @PeteP (as your name implies :smile:)

I’ll keep you posted on how this all plays out!

2 Likes

@ChrisThomason did you get yours yet?

1 Like

Yeah I end up getting mine last Wednesday. Which reminds me I forgot to put the boxes out for the trash this morning. :expressionless:

Love the cases! The J bass is nearly as snug as yours @PamPurrs but the P bass being a bit slimmer at the bottom, does have some room to move in the body compartment. The headstock compartment as well as the neck rest is perfect however for both.

One thing I found interesting is that I absolutely have to remove the strap from either bass to fit. Since I use Dunlop strap locks, it adds just enough to height to the body that it wont fit with the strap attached. The strap fits just fine in the accessories compartment however.

At some point I still plan to cut some XPS foam appropriately for each body to place in the case just so neither have a inch to move. Not sure when I’ll get around to it however as I still need to purchase a hot wire table first and at the moment that’s not my Christmas present to myself. I suppose it could change now that I have a use for it outside of making gaming terrain. :thinking:

2 Likes