Bass Guitar Stores Netherlands

Oh setups are very important.
Strings are very personal. You may end up finding you like something else.

1 Like

Yeah i recommend the D’Addario strings. Tell your boyfriend he should try those too. :grin:

1 Like

Ibanez ships with D’Addario so you’re already getting experience with them :slight_smile: Now you have some Ernie Balls to try when those wear out. You’re on your way to finding the strings you like!

Lol this is a faster journey on guitar where they tend to wear out more quickly XD

2 Likes

Hi there!

1 Like

My first Fender J came from Huigens music in Hengelo and my latest will go for a full setup to Paul’s Bassmatters in Nijmegen, practically around the corner for me, it’s a pure bass shop which is extremely rare.

Hello @PiercedenNiston…welcome to the subterranean abyss

1 Like

Welcome, @PiercedenNiston. If you would, consider going to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

There are bass players in the Netherlands - in fact, there’s a pretty big music scene here in general. As far as stores go, a few would be worth checking out. Red Sound Music in Amsterdam is a good one, and they carry many different brands. Another option is Bax Music, which has locations in a few different cities. They also have a pretty good selection. You might also like some of the best guitar accessories here. When it comes to choosing a bass, it depends on what kind of sound you’re going for. A P-bass might be a good option if you’re looking to play rock or metal. But ultimately, it’s up to you to try out different basses and see what you like best. I hope this helps, and good luck with your search!

1 Like

Paul rules! I always watch his website for unique used stuff.

He sure does.
He made some changes to my newest baby and it sounds AMAZING.
If you have an active/passive switch on your bass he can add a wire that makes a lot of difference when you play active as normally the midrange knob is useless in active mode but with a wire added it works perfectly. This applies to Fenders for sure, don’t know about other manufacturers.

And it’s practically around the corner from me as I live in the Ooijpolder so he’s the closest store along with Stockenhofmusic in Beek.

1 Like

Cool!