Bass music track to tab

Hey! I’m looking for a good program that will transcribe an audio baseline into a tab sheet …
I have the bass line recorded and need a program that will transcribe to tab format as accurately as possible… thank you !!

I don’t think that there’s any to convert notes to tabs.

There are a few programs that can convert notes (midi) to sheet music but that requires the 13 pin HEX-FX and something like a Roland GR55. I bought a bundle light wave Sabre VL with the GR55. Used it totaling 2 hours and put it away, lol.

1 Like

I have heard of melodyscanner app which can generate tabs for bass, but haven’t used it so can’t comment on quality

2 Likes

For grins I just took an audio file into RipX DAW and split it into stems. Then exported those stems into individual midi files. I then took the midi file for the bass track and opened it up in Guitar Pro 8, which created sheet music and tablature for it.

The results are… interesting.

2 Likes

That looks like exactly what I’m looking for ! But I don’t understand daw etc :frowning:
I have a mp3 file of the bass music …

Haha thank you for reply … … but waaaay over my head … btw I have so much stuff I bought and “ put it away “ … haha

1 Like

Its$50 for the year … I’m going to try it thank you !

2 Likes

Do you know a way to extend the range of a bass track, in the sense of: including higher notes that might have been assigned to the guitar track?

I have one song where the bass score is incomplete, cause there are missing higher notes…

Yes indeed. Really easy to do in RipX DAW, but they make it hard to find in the UI.

Here’s an example that has been separated with RipX. I’m highlighting first the guitar track, and then the bass track to show what they look like orginally:

Guitar

Bass

Now if you want to move notes that were assigned to guitar into the bass layer instead, first simply select them:

(Here I’m zoomed out, so it’s easy to grab all notes in the song within a range of pitches as shown on the left, but you can also zoom in and take individual notes)

With the notes selected, hover over the track you want to move them to, and click the arrow which is right after the M and S, and before the red recording indicator.

And afterwards you can see that the selected notes have been moved to the bass layer:

2 Likes

Got it - thanks!

How did you discover that? The UI really s#cks!

1 Like

Yeah, that totally should have been a right-click → “Send To” sort of thing and was way too hard to find.

That said, with most of these stem separators, you’re stuck with what you get. At least with RipX you have the ability to tweak it. Could be a lot of manual tweaking involved when the bass is played in a higher register and overlaps with the guitar, which is nigh on impossible for the AI separators to get right.

1 Like